Willkommen auf Sith'ari. Hier klicken zum registrieren

newest submissions : starcitizen

Alles über das Star Citizen Universum

BeitragBeitrag #16 von Reddit SC [RSS Bot] » Sa 12. Aug 2017, 06:20

Updated at: Sa 12. Aug 2017, 06:20

--------
Ship Boarding/Breaching Coming in 3.0...
Post at: Sa 12. Aug 2017, 06:17
By /u/drizzt_x

From the schedule report updated just now.

Basic Ship Security

With the gameplay we’re adding in to 3.0.0, we’re conscious that there may be some other players that would love to kill you and take your ship. To help prevent this, we wanted to implement some basic security that will allow you to lock the ship, so only you have the ability to pass freely through its doors. Part of this work includes adding destruction for external ship doors to allow for the other half: basic breaching / boarding.

Excellent.

submitted by /u/drizzt_x
[link] [comments]

Read more...
Reddit SC [RSS Bot]
Nachrichten Droide

Themenersteller
Danke gesagt: 0 mal
Wurde gedankt: 0 mal

Werbung

Werbung

BeitragBeitrag #17 von Reddit SC [RSS Bot] » Sa 12. Aug 2017, 06:45

--------
Seeing 2.6.3 at Gamescom will feel embarrassing
Post at: Sa 12. Aug 2017, 06:42
By /u/Perri0010

submitted by /u/Perri0010
[link] [comments]

Read more...
Reddit SC [RSS Bot]
Nachrichten Droide

Themenersteller

BeitragBeitrag #18 von Reddit SC [RSS Bot] » Sa 12. Aug 2017, 07:00

Updated at: Sa 12. Aug 2017, 07:00

--------
Diff Checker - 3.0 Production Schedule Report - Last update: Aug 11th, 2017
Post at: Sa 12. Aug 2017, 07:00
By /u/The-Nightrider

Bild

submitted by /u/The-Nightrider
[link] [comments]

Read more...
Reddit SC [RSS Bot]
Nachrichten Droide

Themenersteller

BeitragBeitrag #19 von Reddit SC [RSS Bot] » Sa 12. Aug 2017, 07:10

Updated at: Sa 12. Aug 2017, 07:10

--------
MobiGlass: Please Don't Forget About Keystrokes!
Post at: Sa 12. Aug 2017, 07:10
By /u/RobKhonsu

The new MobiGlass is looking really sweet, but something I hope they don't bypass implementing is using keystrokes and tab stops to navigate the UI.

Something I've rather come to appreciate about "bad" console ports to PC is that their UI often doesn't even have the ability to use a mouse. While this is pretty bad for a new user experience, honestly the majority of the time I find it faster after learning the necessary key strokes.

I remember last year I finally got around to playing MGS5 and at the same time playing Star Citizen. While I admit staff management was annoying to do with just keystrokes, I found that I could get into the PDA and select missions or deployments faster than I could even find where my mouse cursor was with the current MobiGlass. I think it's also worth considering players on HOTAS or other controllers would really appreciate not needing to grab their mouse to use MobiGlass.

From what we see with the new MobiGlass it seems like a combination of touch and keystrokes would be the most optimal; just forget about the mouse. Now if only someone would make a decent touch screen gaming monitor. =D

submitted by /u/RobKhonsu
[link] [comments]

Read more...
Reddit SC [RSS Bot]
Nachrichten Droide

Themenersteller

BeitragBeitrag #20 von Reddit SC [RSS Bot] » Sa 12. Aug 2017, 07:35

--------
Is it worth it?
Post at: Sa 12. Aug 2017, 07:32
By /u/AceLegend104

I've been following the game and community, but i really wanted to ask you guys while I'm on the edge of purchasing it, is the game really worth the 45 dollars? is there anything i need to know before I buy it?

submitted by /u/AceLegend104
[link] [comments]

Read more...

A weird bug I encountered while playing 2.6.3
Post at: Sa 12. Aug 2017, 07:33
By /u/Jdawgcrane

Bild

submitted by /u/Jdawgcrane
[comments]

Read more...
Reddit SC [RSS Bot]
Nachrichten Droide

Themenersteller

BeitragBeitrag #21 von Reddit SC [RSS Bot] » Sa 12. Aug 2017, 08:25

Updated at: Sa 12. Aug 2017, 08:25

--------
Do you want additionnal charts ? Because this is how you get additionnal charts ! Welcome to your weekly Bugs BurnDown BreakDown (12/08) !
Post at: Sa 12. Aug 2017, 08:23
By /u/PanzerKadaver

Bild

submitted by /u/PanzerKadaver
[link] [comments]

Read more...
Reddit SC [RSS Bot]
Nachrichten Droide

Themenersteller

BeitragBeitrag #22 von Reddit SC [RSS Bot] » Sa 12. Aug 2017, 08:55

--------
Too many outposts on moons?
Post at: Sa 12. Aug 2017, 08:50
By /u/FPSKiwii

I noticed on the latest report for 3.0 they added more outposts on the moons because the moons felt underpopulated.

I'm a little worried that it would not be very special to come across one if they are more common.

Don't wanna be nitpicking here and seeing as we haven't even seen what the increase was, just wanting to put this out there just in-case.

I trust the devs to make it look good, just don't do a NMS and make heaps of little outposts that are all basically the same... I'd rather 10 different ones spanning 100kms away from each-other, than 1000 of them being close but no real point to them.

submitted by /u/FPSKiwii
[link] [comments]

Read more...

Mission NPC: Who is Ruto? (Schedule 08/11/17)
Post at: Sa 12. Aug 2017, 08:52
By /u/Klausberger

Bild

submitted by /u/Klausberger
[link] [comments]

Read more...
Reddit SC [RSS Bot]
Nachrichten Droide

Themenersteller

BeitragBeitrag #23 von Reddit SC [RSS Bot] » Sa 12. Aug 2017, 09:00

--------
No Bamboozles Release Forecast for August 11th
Post at: Sa 12. Aug 2017, 08:59
By /u/jdlshore

It's time once again to de-bamboozle CIG's weekly schedule. Production schedules, such as CIG's, need to be tight and optimistic, because otherwise work expands to fill the available time. Release forecasts, on the other hand, are for coordinating with outside groups and making commitments. They need to be padded to account for software development risks. Here we use a statistical model and a sprinkle of !Science! to convert CIG's production schedule into our No Bamboozles Guaranteed* release forecast.

*Disclaimer: Some Bamboozles remain.

In software development, you basically have two options: pick a fixed date and cut things as needed to meet that date, or pick a quality+feature target and delay release as needed to meet that target. With the latest schedule report, it's clear that CIG has doubled down on the second option. Not only are they moving the date to fix bugs, they're also adding things (like more missions and surface outposts) to make the release higher quality.

This is a good thing long-term, because the more often you integrate and fix bugs, the higher quality your codebase, and the better your productivity. In fact, CIG could probably benefit from more frequent integration and bug-fixing.

For 3.0, though, it means we're looking at more delays... and my forecast model is creaking at the seams. The model is based entirely on developers' task estimates, and the closer we get to release, the more the release date depends on bug progress, not task progress. The model's not completely useless, because the task estimates in the schedule are affected by bug-fixing, but take the model with a larger grain of salt than usual as we enter the home stretch.

What we really need is a new forecasting model that's focused on bugs. Such a model would look at the following factors:

• The rate at which bugs are fixed, which should be roughly constant over time (subject to a probability distribution).

• The rate at which bugs are discovered, which ramps up and then ramps down again, sort of like a bell curve.

• The rate at which polish tasks are added, which is probably quantized by CIG's internal director reviews.

Unfortunately, we don't have enough data to make this model. So we're left with guessing. CIG's in the same boat: even though they have the data, they probably don't have a rigorous forecasting model. And that's good--although making a statistical forecast model is fine as an ultra-geeky hobby (cough), people with real work to do have better things to do with their time.

Ultimately, the release will come out when it's ready, and no amount of forecasting will change that.

Vital Stats

• CIG feature complete estimate: Sep 1 (originally Jun 26)

• CIG Evocati "must fix" bugs remain: 83 (90 last week; 45 fixed; 32 added; 6 appeared without explanation)

• No Bamboozles feature complete forecast: Sep 13 - Sep 26 (originally Jul 19 - Sep 6)

• Worst-case feature complete date: October 10th (originally Oct 27)

• No Bamboozles release date guess: one week after feature complete (Sep 20 - Oct 3; worst case Oct 17)

Spreadsheet here.

Last week's forecast.

submitted by /u/jdlshore
[link] [comments]

Read more...
Reddit SC [RSS Bot]
Nachrichten Droide

Themenersteller

BeitragBeitrag #24 von Reddit SC [RSS Bot] » Sa 12. Aug 2017, 09:05

--------
I'm new and have a couple questions.
Post at: Sa 12. Aug 2017, 09:00
By /u/KrunchyNacho

Hello, I just discovered Star Citizen about 2 hours ago and let me tell you; this is exactly the game I have dreamed about since I was a kid! I want to help support this game. I want to play the alpha, join an organization, and own my first ship. Here's my question. I am looking for a ship that will serve me well in a PMC. You know? Security, combat, etc.? I have been saving up to upgrade my pc and get quite a few games so my budget is quite sizable. I don't mind sacrificing a few games for a better ship. Anyway, one ship that really caught my eye was the Sabre. Is that a good ship for what I want to do? Also, if I do decide to get it l, why is there not an option to purchase it? And will it be available again? Sorry for my inexperience. Thank you for your help!

submitted by /u/KrunchyNacho
[link] [comments]

Read more...
Reddit SC [RSS Bot]
Nachrichten Droide

Themenersteller

BeitragBeitrag #25 von Reddit SC [RSS Bot] » Sa 12. Aug 2017, 09:30

--------
Anvils get hammered.
Post at: Sa 12. Aug 2017, 09:30
By /u/Aleksandrovitch

Bild

submitted by /u/Aleksandrovitch
[link] [comments]

Read more...
Reddit SC [RSS Bot]
Nachrichten Droide

Themenersteller

BeitragBeitrag #26 von Reddit SC [RSS Bot] » Sa 12. Aug 2017, 10:05

--------
3.0.0 and Global Progress Watch - Update 2017-08-11
Post at: Sa 12. Aug 2017, 10:02
By /u/JK3Farden

Greetings Citizens!

All bets are off in today's Progress Watch! The most important information today is that CIG has removed all release windows from the schedule. That's a big sign, although I'm not sure how we're supposed to interpret it. I'll stick to facts in this post and let you debate in the comments wether it's a good thing or not.

3.0.0 Progress Watch

Bug fixing continues. This week, CIG has fixed 45 bugs, but has discovered 32 new more, bringing the remaining bug count for ETF release down 7 from 90 to 83. I know the numbers don't match but it's all we've got to work with.

For features, they announced two new things for 3.0.0 : the ability to blast open external doors for ship boarding, and more content on crusader's moons (which felt empty according to the designers).

Now to the schedule. This week, we start with the PU content, where Mission Givers are being delayed by 2 more weeks. This is the most delayed feature of all the schedule, with a total of 105 days of delay. This week's delay is due to the second mission giver, Ruto, completing his subsumption, and therefore needing some support from gamecode engineers and graphics engineers to be fully polished.

Next up is UI. We still don't have an ETA on Character Customisation, but what we have is 3 delays on the 3 remaining tasks. Vehicle Customiser App is delayed by 12 days, Ships Selector & Insurance Claim by 4 days and Comms System UI by 9 days.

In the AI department, the devs are still giving more polish to the Mission System AI, and have added an additionnal 2 weeks, bringing us into september for completion of this feature.

But we still have one completed task this week :

• Render to Texture (Graphics)

Which completes the Graphics category.

Global Progress Watch

The Global Schedule is still riding along the 3.0.0 schedule. And this week, we've got a huge number of completed features. Now as always, a little reminder that this schedule doesn't come with any text explaination, and isn't updated by CIG as frequently as the 3.0.0 schedule for all tasks outside of 3.0.0 scope, so we're not sure if they're actually completed. Anyway, here's the list :

• Room System v2 (Core Tech)
  • Shield Rework (Core Tech)
  • Take Down (FPS)
  • Knockdown and Knockback (FPS)
  • Armor Component (Gameplay)
  • Planetary FPS ambush mission v2 (AI)
  • Distant Star Field (Graphics)
  • APAR Balistic Scattergun Modular Sets S1-3 (Weapons)
  • AEGIS Vanguard Harbinger Variant (Ships)
  • MISC Hull C (Ships)

See you all next week for more schedule adventures!

Archives : 2.6.3 2.6.2 2.6.1 2.6.0

submitted by /u/JK3Farden
[link] [comments]

Read more...

Why did you refund Star Citizen?
Post at: Sa 12. Aug 2017, 10:04
By /u/Perri0010

I refunded once they went quiet about the absence of 3.0

Got $280 back! I will re-pledge once 3.0 releases.

submitted by /u/Perri0010
[link] [comments]

Read more...
Reddit SC [RSS Bot]
Nachrichten Droide

Themenersteller

BeitragBeitrag #27 von Reddit SC [RSS Bot] » Sa 12. Aug 2017, 10:20

--------
Types of planets?
Post at: Sa 12. Aug 2017, 10:19
By /u/TEltork

What type of planets are we going to be expecting in the full game? I was hoping for planets with different terrain and environment. So far I just saw different colored rocks.

I would like to see: A planet that is all water but covered in several tropical islands. A planet that's Earth-like (besides earth) where you can walk around and settle without a space suit. A planet with low gravity so you can jump really high. A planet with high gravity so you move a bit slower. A planet just covered in snow and you'll need to deal with the harsh conditions to survive.

And that's not it. I would like to see these planets fully explorable. Let's say you're on the tropical islands planet and the Vanduul or Outlaws capture the capital of the planet, you'll have to escape to the other islands, build a base there, and then island hop to take the planet back.

Not just that, I would like some story with the planets. I want to see natives on the habitual ones and they could either be a graceful ally or a vengeful enemy depending on how you treat them.

submitted by /u/TEltork
[link] [comments]

Read more...
Reddit SC [RSS Bot]
Nachrichten Droide

Themenersteller

BeitragBeitrag #28 von Reddit SC [RSS Bot] » Sa 12. Aug 2017, 11:30

Updated at: Sa 12. Aug 2017, 11:30

--------
Will we ever have a reason to leave our space suit in 3.0?
Post at: Sa 12. Aug 2017, 11:28
By /u/gfrally

What I mean by this is, with all the atmospheric/breaching/oxygen mechanics coming in 3.0, will we ever be secure in our ship without a space suit? Or: How will CIG entice us to where street clothes outside of a city?

Port Oli, you spawn, call up your ship, run to your ship. Possible stop at a store - no reason to be in street clothes here. SPK, fight in, fight out - no sain person would spend the time to be out of their spacesuit here. GrimHex, don't know what areas have atmosphere there, but this place is a in between SPK/Port Oli, so probably not the best place to be without armor+ helmet.

Sure you can role-play some, but you do wake up in the clothes you died in, that kind of kills that. Also the closer we get to perma-death being implemented, would you really want to be out of your spacesuits or armor?

Thought this would make a interesting discussion.

submitted by /u/gfrally
[link] [comments]

Read more...
Reddit SC [RSS Bot]
Nachrichten Droide

Themenersteller

BeitragBeitrag #29 von Reddit SC [RSS Bot] » Sa 12. Aug 2017, 11:35

--------
Not going down with your ship can have dire consequences...
Post at: Sa 12. Aug 2017, 11:30
By /u/Dodger-Roger

Bild

submitted by /u/Dodger-Roger
[comments]

Read more...
Reddit SC [RSS Bot]
Nachrichten Droide

Themenersteller

BeitragBeitrag #30 von Reddit SC [RSS Bot] » Sa 12. Aug 2017, 11:50

--------
Gamescon - could we get a glimpse of RnD tech?
Post at: Sa 12. Aug 2017, 11:49
By /u/gfrally

Since we are fast approaching Gamescon, I am trying to guess what possibly could CR present, other than rehashing the past years ATV and apologies for 3.0 delay.

I really hope he does not apologize and just briefly nods that 'top men are working on it, top men' and moves on to something else.

That something else, could be showing RnD tech like PG cities/planets. PG jungles with creatures. Its going to be really hard to make up for not having 3.0 out, but they are constantly moving forward in other departments (like RnD) so why not show some of these?

I imagine they have not laid every card down they are working via ATV. Also there are more ships coming, and Vanduul ships that are being done too, some glimpses of these could help.

I'm intentionally leaving out S42, without 3.0 tech, its just not coming anytime soon.. why stress everyone and show anything more than a few quick clips, promise nothing.

Right now they are in a bit of a marketing hole (no big announcements), I am sure they have some backups plans (I hope).

submitted by /u/gfrally
[link] [comments]

Read more...
Reddit SC [RSS Bot]
Nachrichten Droide

Themenersteller

Werbung

Werbung

VorherigeNächste

Zurück zu Star Citizen News