Werbung

Werbung

newest submissions : starcitizen

BeitragBeitrag #122 von Reddit SC [RSS Bot] » Do 7. Dez 2017, 23:30

--------
The blessing and curse of BIG
Post at: Do 7. Dez 2017, 23:25
By /u/BaconEvolved

The time I've spent exploring the PTU so far has been amazing, but I've noticed something surprising that I find myself missing from 2.6.3: Other players.

It's very possible that this is just a lark, but the bit of exploring I've done so far, (like say try a combat mission then land and explore around Levski), have been completely devoid of other players. It got me thinking that with SO much space to explore, even in the "tiny" little section of Stanton available to us, the number of times we'll encounter other players just lurking for content might be greatly diminished. In contrast, in 2.6.3 you could quantum over to SPK and almost always find other players flying around looking to do something together.

Are you guys finding the same thing? What have your experiences been in our new big so far?

p.s. Please don't take this as a complaint, as 3.0 is a masterstroke that I'm in love with. CIG has delivered something extraordinary that will be my home away from home for many years to come. Its just an observation and I'm wondering how unique it is? I know we're still in early alpha and the number of players & NPCs in a server instance is restricted by the current network capabilities, but man, the universe is big!

submitted by /u/BaconEvolved
[link] [comments]

Read more...

Still gotta look good when you asphyxiate in space
Post at: Do 7. Dez 2017, 23:27
By /u/ba_Animator

Bild

submitted by /u/ba_Animator
[link] [comments]

Read more...
Reddit SC [RSS Bot]
Nachrichten Droide

Themenersteller
Danke gesagt: 0 mal
Wurde gedankt: 0 mal

BeitragBeitrag #123 von Reddit SC [RSS Bot] » Do 7. Dez 2017, 23:40

--------
chasing the sun
Post at: Do 7. Dez 2017, 23:38
By /u/arcticgamez

Bild

submitted by /u/arcticgamez
[link] [comments]

Read more...
Reddit SC [RSS Bot]
Nachrichten Droide

Themenersteller

BeitragBeitrag #124 von Reddit SC [RSS Bot] » Do 7. Dez 2017, 23:45

--------
CIG – Expansion and Development
Post at: Do 7. Dez 2017, 23:41
By /u/mrpanicy

Howdy All,

Since Star Citizen's Kickstarter ended and development started there have been many many conversations about how to judge their progress. As this has been a sticking point for many people, I took a crack at making a neutral visualization of CIG's rapid expansion.

The visualization can be viewed through this link!

Many people compared CIG directly to other AAA developers and the time that it took those studios to deliver a big title. Others would call out that those are established studios and that we cannot judge development on a 1:1 scale with other studios. Instead saying we should be trying to account for the scaling up of CIG's operations since other developers have established workflows and offices/staff/engine (most of the time).

Like with many things it can be polarizing.

With this visualization, I hope to generate a healthy conversation around CIGs progress as compared to their establishing offices/staffing up/developing workflows. That being said I won't be around tonight very much. I will contribute when I can!

A very interesting thing to notice is how CIG seemed to hire based on available funding. This is partly because I don't have the month to month employee numbers and levelled the October 2016 hiring and funding to match... but still interesting to talk about. Now that hiring seems to have levelled out a touch, compared to 2014-16, I would imagine all additional funding will go to the long-term development of the game post release instead of new hires/office expansion. That's a bonus.

Anyway, what do you think?

CitizenCon 2016. The most obscure information is to do with Illfonic, I have used CR interviews and press releases to approximate dates for the start of the relationship, and the ending was very public so that was easy. The final tidbits were from the RSI website.

submitted by /u/mrpanicy
[link] [comments]

Read more...

Pretty sure you don't get burned up leaving atmo at safe velocities
Post at: Do 7. Dez 2017, 23:42
By /u/DavidAELevy

At around @40:05 he says he wants us to get crispified when leaving atmosphere on a space bike.
Now this may happen if you go fast enough without shields due to adiabatic compression against the atmosphere when you're doing a reentry due to increasing pressure. This doesn't happen AFAIK when existing atmo..

But about that and escape velocity, which is a staggering 11.2 km/s,
"Escape velocity is only required to send a ballistic object on a trajectory that
will allow the object to escape the gravity well of the mass M" -wiki escape velocity.
So in other words, you don't need to reach escape velocity in a propelled future vehicle to leave atmosphere.
"could achieve the same result (escape) at any speed with a suitable mode of propulsion and sufficient propellant to provide the accelerating force on the object to escape" -wiki escape velocity
Also weather balloons get pretty darn close now at 60km from sea level, space is only 100km from sea level.

If it takes you 2 to 5 minutes to leave atmo on your speed bike due to leaving atmo at a steady reasonably safe velocity, so what... at least give us the option because that doesn't break immersion. That's how it works IRL.

If I go to leave atmo on my space bike at a "safe" speed and burn up and die.. I will not be happy.

A nice tidbit from a stack exchange post which I found interesting if fact check, checks out.
"During SpaceX launches, the first stage reaches space and returns to earth without a heat shield. This is because the first stage does not achieve orbit, it stays on a suborbital trajectory and is much slower (about 2km/s at separation), and thus re-entry heating is not a major concern." -Space stackexchange reply

submitted by /u/DavidAELevy
[link] [comments]

Read more...
Reddit SC [RSS Bot]
Nachrichten Droide

Themenersteller

BeitragBeitrag #125 von Reddit SC [RSS Bot] » Do 7. Dez 2017, 23:50

Updated at: Do 7. Dez 2017, 23:50

--------
Daily walk at Port Olisar
Post at: Do 7. Dez 2017, 23:49
By /u/Recon_NL

Bild

submitted by /u/Recon_NL
[link] [comments]

Read more...
Reddit SC [RSS Bot]
Nachrichten Droide

Themenersteller

BeitragBeitrag #126 von Reddit SC [RSS Bot] » Do 7. Dez 2017, 23:55

--------
Digital Movie Download Codes for NOTHING in return. v5
Post at: Do 7. Dez 2017, 23:51
By /u/The_Brewer

Ho Ho Ho! Here I am again for my yearly movie giveaway to fellow pilots/gunners/strongarms/jackofalltradesmen. It gives me pleasure every year to see the progress of this game. Although tempted to donate more to the development I have added another citizen to my family on July 28th who takes priority!

I love the community here and I love this game. I LOVE to see people helping each other in game and out of game in the forums. Lets keep the community strong and respectful.

To honor all my fellows out in the verse I have a list of movies below that are up for grabs. The first person to PM on a Movie will get PM'd back the digital download code to access the movie. First come first served, please only ask for on movie.

• The Princess Bride
  • Beauty and the Beast (Live Version)
  • Trolls
  • Sing
  • The Secret Life of Pets
  • Spider-man Homecoming
  • Arrival
  • Fifty Shades Darker
  • Hacksaw Ridge
  • Wonderwoman
  • Logan
  • Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them