Willkommen auf Sith'ari. Hier klicken zum registrieren

newest submissions : starcitizen

Alles über das Star Citizen Universum

BeitragBeitrag #16 von Reddit SC [RSS Bot] » So 14. Jan 2018, 07:25

--------
I just bought this game. why do I only have a hanger but no space ports?
Post at: So 14. Jan 2018, 07:20
By /u/xMavvs

Did I do something wrong in the installation?

submitted by /u/xMavvs
[link] [comments]

Read more...
Reddit SC [RSS Bot]
Nachrichten Droide

Themenersteller
Danke gesagt: 0 mal
Wurde gedankt: 0 mal

Werbung

Werbung

BeitragBeitrag #17 von Reddit SC [RSS Bot] » So 14. Jan 2018, 08:25

--------
First you see the Ring - Then you die
Post at: So 14. Jan 2018, 08:23
By /u/drizzt_x

Bild

submitted by /u/drizzt_x
[link] [comments]

Read more...
Reddit SC [RSS Bot]
Nachrichten Droide

Themenersteller

BeitragBeitrag #18 von Reddit SC [RSS Bot] » So 14. Jan 2018, 08:30

--------
Multicrew to Shubin and Rover Gameplay over Daymar - 4K
Post at: So 14. Jan 2018, 08:26
By /u/XenthorX

Bild

submitted by /u/XenthorX
[link] [comments]

Read more...
Reddit SC [RSS Bot]
Nachrichten Droide

Themenersteller

BeitragBeitrag #19 von Reddit SC [RSS Bot] » So 14. Jan 2018, 08:40

--------
Quantum Travel and Scanning
Post at: So 14. Jan 2018, 08:36
By /u/PanDariusKairos

This is a rough outline of how I think quantum travel and long range scanning should work.

~ Scanning ~

Rather than dividing scanners into ranges (short, long, etc.) i think they should be divided by Classes (Civilian, Military, Stealth, Industrial, Competition) and by specific traits that will define how they are used based on capabilities and limitations.

As an example, rather than simply giving a particular range (for example, saying "this scanner can scan out to 20K km"), you could say, "this scanner can detect small objects out to 10K km, medium objects out to 20K km, large objects out to 30K km, massive objects out to 75K km, and stellar objects out to 5M km" or something like that.

Taking it a step further, scanners would have different capabilities to detect different signatures at different ranges. Maybe one scanner ius better at finding EM and another is better at finding IR. Some may be better at seeing through ambient background radiation.

And then there are factors such as, do you already have a lock on an object (as it moves away from you, for example). What about teacking devices broadcasting a signal?

Scanners might (approximately) look something like this:

Military: Better (than other classes) at picking signals out from the background. Good at tracking multiple targets simultaneously. Faster locks, and can maintain those locks at longer ranges (for example, if some jumps away, a military scanner would have a better chance at keeping a lock on them even after they jumped).

Competition: More accurate and detailed data about the target, like direction they're facing, speed, what their systems or weapons are doing (for example, getting an exact read on weapon or engine heat, or even remaining ammo). Competition scanners are like high powered microscopes that work great on one target at a time.

Industrial: More durability. Resistance to EWAR and similar effects (solar flares or other environmental dangers). FLIR style on some models (Orion, for example, would benefit from a FLIR style display in asteroid fields). Can track many, many more objects, but not particularly fast or stealthy objects (meaning: great at seeing thousands of asyeroids, derelict ship hulls, floating cargo crates, and escape pods, but terrible at tracking fast fighters or stealthy fighters).

Stealth: Good at masking the scanner's own signal by piggy backing other signals or being passive. Pretty much only good at passive scanning, but usually energy efficient as well.

~ Quantum Travel ~

Beacon Mode: The Nav Computer locks on to an existing Nav Beacon currently broadcasting it's location and the ship warps to a safe distance from this beacon. This mode has the shortest spool up time (since Nav Data is being provided by the Beacon), bit is also easiest to pursue - any ship already scanning you (you are an active radar ping for them) automatically knows where you went, and if you are still within their maximum scan range, no interruption in their targeting you (in other words, they see you jump away and you're still on their radar when you stop). The beacon also provides safety corridor communications, so all ships jumping to it only jump when there's a clear path (if one or more jumping ships would cross paths, one of them is delayed by fractions of a second so they don't collide, or the path itself is moved by a few meters, or something similar - it's a traffic coordination safety system).

Jump Plot: This Jump follows a Nav Point or set of Nav Points set by the pilot or helmsman of a ship in the Star Map. Spool up times are longer than Beacon Jumps because the ship's Nav Computer must spend more time calculating the jump. It is more difficult to follow a ship jumping this way, but several factors can maake it easier, such as: good sensors that remain locked on the ship even after it's jumped or hacking the fleeing ship's Nav Computer before the jump and stealing it's jump data, or attaching a tracking device to the ship.

Hot Jump: Hot jumping doesn't use any positional data, rather it uses a preset (by pilot) distance to jump in whatever direction the ship is pointing when the drive engages. Spool up time is determined by jump distance, the longer the distance the longer the spool up time. Generally, this kind of jump can be hard to track, but certain things can help, such as judging the distance jumped by accurately guaging the spool up time and then focusing scanners in that radius, or hacking the ships Nav Computer before the jump to obtain the exact distance and heading when the jump occurred.

Collisions: Whenever a collision would occur, the quantum drive shuts down and the ship exits quantum travel well before, a nd out of range, of any collision. The ship takes no physical damage, however the energy in the quantum drive that would have been spent on quantum travel enacts a cooldown period in which the quantum drive cannot begin spooling. The length of the cooldown is determined by how much remaining distance thete was in the jump when the ship dropped out of quantum travel. For example, dropping out after 25% of the jump distance will produce a much longer cooldown than dropping out after 90% of the jump distance. The closer a ship is to it's destination when it is forced out of quantum travel, the shorter the cooldown before the quantum drive can be used again.

submitted by /u/PanDariusKairos
[link] [comments]

Read more...
Reddit SC [RSS Bot]
Nachrichten Droide

Themenersteller

BeitragBeitrag #20 von Reddit SC [RSS Bot] » So 14. Jan 2018, 09:05

Updated at: So 14. Jan 2018, 09:05

--------
Can Finally Hire NPCs To Crew Ship
Post at: So 14. Jan 2018, 09:04
By /u/Kuroodo

Bild

submitted by /u/Kuroodo
[link] [comments]

Read more...
Reddit SC [RSS Bot]
Nachrichten Droide

Themenersteller

BeitragBeitrag #21 von Reddit SC [RSS Bot] » So 14. Jan 2018, 09:40

--------
Multicrew to Shubin and Rover Gameplay over Daymar - 4K
Post at: So 14. Jan 2018, 09:39
By /u/XenthorX

Bild

submitted by /u/XenthorX
[comments]

Read more...
Reddit SC [RSS Bot]
Nachrichten Droide

Themenersteller

BeitragBeitrag #22 von Reddit SC [RSS Bot] » So 14. Jan 2018, 10:10

Updated at: So 14. Jan 2018, 10:10

--------
mostly processed foods, officer.
Post at: So 14. Jan 2018, 10:09
By /u/BlakHearted

Bild

submitted by /u/BlakHearted
[link] [comments]

Read more...
Reddit SC [RSS Bot]
Nachrichten Droide

Themenersteller

BeitragBeitrag #23 von Reddit SC [RSS Bot] » So 14. Jan 2018, 10:20

Updated at: So 14. Jan 2018, 10:20

--------
DevTalk Podcast with Matt Sherman. Hosted by Jeremiah Lee
Post at: So 14. Jan 2018, 10:17
By /u/Bribase

Bild

submitted by /u/Bribase
[link] [comments]

Read more...

Relaxing ride among the stars
Post at: So 14. Jan 2018, 10:19
By /u/doughmay12

Bild

submitted by /u/doughmay12
[link] [comments]

Read more...
Reddit SC [RSS Bot]
Nachrichten Droide

Themenersteller

BeitragBeitrag #24 von Reddit SC [RSS Bot] » So 14. Jan 2018, 10:40

--------
After blowing up my ship around Yela
Post at: So 14. Jan 2018, 10:35
By /u/MrSparkle86

Bild

submitted by /u/MrSparkle86
[link] [comments]

Read more...
Reddit SC [RSS Bot]
Nachrichten Droide

Themenersteller

BeitragBeitrag #25 von Reddit SC [RSS Bot] » So 14. Jan 2018, 11:00

--------
PSA: If you have slow Internet, backup your copy of 3.0
Post at: So 14. Jan 2018, 10:58
By /u/WheeledWriter

So out of nowhere this morning my installation of Win10 on my brand new (3 month old) rig died. Was fine the first time I turned it on this morning, I switched it off when I went to do something else, died on next restart - unable to load profile etc. Corrupted profiles, something, something, endless loops of death.

The reason this matters is that my Win10 basically dying may have something to do with a recent patch according to various google results. Even now I'm unable to run Edge or Settings apps - and all the various suggested fixes aren't working for me.

Basically had to reset my win10 install - no way to move files off my SSD because win10 wasn't loading the non boot drives in safe mode.

Fine, thought I'd be clever and told Windows - leave my non Windows files on my SSD alone during the reset.

When Win10 is back to normal I go look - and realise the RSI patcher and associated crash report tools, USER folder etc. are all still present, but the data folder - you know the one that usually holds 36GB of game files? - is empty.

Same goes for all my other Game installs on the SSD btw, the directories are there but the actual game files are missing.

No idea why.

So now I have to spend another three days downloading (1 mb/s internet - Aussie, Aussie, Aussie, oi, oi, oi) SC again - which I thought I'd never have to do again because, delta patcher and what not.

And Yes - I will be copying it to my portable drive as soon as it's finished....

submitted by /u/WheeledWriter
[link] [comments]

Read more...
Reddit SC [RSS Bot]
Nachrichten Droide

Themenersteller

BeitragBeitrag #26 von Reddit SC [RSS Bot] » So 14. Jan 2018, 11:50

--------
The renegade who had it made retrieved for a bounty
Post at: So 14. Jan 2018, 11:46
By /u/MisterCelsius93

Bild

submitted by /u/MisterCelsius93
[link] [comments]

Read more...
Reddit SC [RSS Bot]
Nachrichten Droide

Themenersteller

BeitragBeitrag #27 von Reddit SC [RSS Bot] » So 14. Jan 2018, 11:55

--------
God i love this ship... I hope with the next update we get the „Dur“
Post at: So 14. Jan 2018, 11:52
By /u/flying_tiger_shadow

Bild

submitted by /u/flying_tiger_shadow
[link] [comments]

Read more...
Reddit SC [RSS Bot]
Nachrichten Droide

Themenersteller

BeitragBeitrag #28 von Reddit SC [RSS Bot] » So 14. Jan 2018, 12:00

--------
[DISCUSS] Space dust: Annoying or not? Immersive or not? Necessary or not? (My thoughts inside)
Post at: So 14. Jan 2018, 11:59
By /u/RivletMP

Bild

submitted by /u/RivletMP
[link] [comments]

Read more...

Me and a friend were bored. So we decided to see what dumb shit we could do/break.
Post at: So 14. Jan 2018, 12:00
By /u/BurberryC06

We went down to a planet to pickup a greycat and stuff it into my freelancer's cargo hold. Brought it back to olisar and drove it around inside the C terminal for laughs.

"What happens if you try and get out of a seat next to a wall?" So we science'd. Animation clips me through olisars walls and I spasm for a bit, then appear outside olisar in EVA.

I make my way back in. "What happens if you drive off the landing pad?" We tried it. Disappointingly normal results. Although the greycat does somehow come to a stop rather than continuously moving in one direction as you may expect.

"Okay, let's get it back in the cargo hold." My friend was feeling lazy so he sat in the greycat and had me bring the freelancer around. I tried to get into the freelancer through the side door and ended up in my floor. But instead of exiting to menu I started playing with the emotes. Since they're mapped to keys you can just spam them all and in some cases they displace you, so I managed to pop out. Birthing style.

Crashed when trying to get back in and during the time my friend tried to solo get the greycat back in, only to set it on fire. Still works tho. Just massively lit with an orange glow.

We also started playing with the emotes. Ever need to stop when in EVA? Hit an emote. You stop dead in your tracks and do the emote. It's also just funny to slide your fingers back and forth along the emote keys and watch the ensuing spasm. Make sure 'sleep' is one of them for the funniest effect as the animations immediately skip you to the first frame.

"What happens if we mix elevator and greycat?" So off to levski we go. I've falled into levski and gotten stuck several times so I wanted to experiment with a vehicle. That actually worked fine. But I ended up falling out of the elevator and through the planet, after falling 20 km's into the planet away from levski I clocked I would run out of oxygen before falling the remainder 600km's to the other end.

submitted by /u/BurberryC06
[link] [comments]

Read more...
Reddit SC [RSS Bot]
Nachrichten Droide

Themenersteller

BeitragBeitrag #29 von Reddit SC [RSS Bot] » So 14. Jan 2018, 12:10

--------
Hilarious ATV Screengrab
Post at: So 14. Jan 2018, 12:07
By /u/DrFu79

Bild

submitted by /u/DrFu79
[link] [comments]

Read more...
Reddit SC [RSS Bot]
Nachrichten Droide

Themenersteller

BeitragBeitrag #30 von Reddit SC [RSS Bot] » So 14. Jan 2018, 12:45

--------
Buyback tokens question and ship swap
Post at: So 14. Jan 2018, 12:42
By /u/Leevah90

Hey guys, Leevah here, just wanting some good advice.

I started with a Mustang, in 2016, and swapped almost instantly to Avenger Titan. I loved that ship, but i was at start and i wanted something bigger with more fire power, and went for the Cutlass Black, which i have now.

Nowadays i wanna fly more than fight, i was wondering how can i go back to my Avenger Titan without spending more money? Do i lose the money i invested in the Cutlass Black? If not, where do they go, or how can i use them?

Thanks!

submitted by /u/Leevah90
[link] [comments]

Read more...
Reddit SC [RSS Bot]
Nachrichten Droide

Themenersteller

Werbung

Werbung

VorherigeNächste