Alles über das Star Citizen Universum

newest submissions : starcitizen

BeitragBeitrag #46 von Reddit SC [RSS Bot] » Fr 16. Feb 2018, 22:20

Updated at: Fr 16. Feb 2018, 22:20

--------
This might be crazy but...
Post at: Fr 16. Feb 2018, 22:17
By /u/icecoldpopsicle

I think there might possibly (remote possibility) be a Bitcoin minner in some RSI launchers... I had a bug after launching game where my geforce 1080 stopped working (white lines, lost driver, total fuck up) and I looked around for a fix (to error code 43) and I found a vid about a guy who had a Trojan, so I ran Mbam and sure enough, A trojan mining bitcoin.

Removed trojan, games works fine.

Now I have no reason to think it's coming from the RSI launcher except that it started to get fucky when I launched the RSI launcher. It could have been installed at any time, it was in Windows files.

Still if some of you guys could run a quick Malaware bytes scan just to make sure... Would really appreciate it.

Because the damn thing is using some CPU and GPU system ressources for some people https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/7jbpc2/need_help_testing_minimize_game_launcher_25_less/

Edit: could just be Star Citizen is so large trying to run the minner and the game on the same card crashed it, i'm not yet casting any doubt on the probity of RSI

submitted by /u/icecoldpopsicle
[link] [comments]

Read more...

3.1.0 to 3.4.0 Progress Watch - Update 2018-02-16
Post at: Fr 16. Feb 2018, 22:19
By /u/JK3Farden

Good evening everyone !

Thanks to this week's early update of the roadmap, your Progress Watch is already there ! We have some new guns to expect for 3.1.0, and I've upgraded the spreadsheets thanks to the feedback of /u/Ryozu , /u/sheeryjay and /u/GoldMath . A total bar has been added, which show that CIG is making steady progress on 3.1.0, and a few quality of life improvements have been added.

3.1.0 Progress Watch

This week's 3.1.0 shows great progress on the weapons side. With +24% for the "Preacher Armament Distortion Scattergun" and +9% for the "Gemini R97 Shotgun", things are going very well. And we also have two new entries in this category : the "Amon & Reese Omnisky", coming from 3.3.0, and the brand new "Gallenson Tactical Systems GT-Series", with both these new guns already at an impressive 87% completion.

The rest of the progress is evenly balanced between all other features, and overall the patch is +5% to development completion, at 64%. This doesn't include polish, so don't be overexcited about it !

3.2.0 Progress Watch

The 3.2.0 patch has a new feature ! It's a new possibility for the service beacon : Repair. Here's CIG's pitch on it :

Building off of the Distress Call functionality, this Service Beacon feature would allow players to pay another player to travel to their location for the purpose of providing repairs.

Appart from that, there is a little bit of progress on the 600i, which by the way was featured on this week's episode of
. Check it out !

3.3.0 Progress Watch

3.3.0 loses a feature, but it's not gone... it went just went to 3.1.0.

Hammerhead fans will be happy to see that a lot of effort went into it this week, with an impressive +19% ! However, the luxury Constellation Phoenix is requiring a bit more work than anticipated, with a task being reset, making it go back with -3%. Both of these ships were featured in this week's
, which is packed with eyecandy !

3.4.0 Progress Watch

Always in movement the future is... but not this week ! Nothing changed on the far 3.4.0 front.

And with that this week comes to an end. Thanks to everyone for your support and feedback, always greatly appreciated ! See you guys next week for more Progress Watch !

Archives : 3.0.0 - Global - 2.6.3 - 2.6.2 - 2.6.1 - 2.6.0

submitted by /u/JK3Farden
[link] [comments]

Read more...
Reddit SC [RSS Bot]
1 Jahr Mitglied
Nachrichten Droide

Themenersteller
Danke gesagt: 0 mal
Wurde gedankt: 0 mal

Werbung

Werbung

BeitragBeitrag #47 von Reddit SC [RSS Bot] » Fr 16. Feb 2018, 22:25

--------
Where's the RSI Love?
Post at: Fr 16. Feb 2018, 22:24
By /u/PoisonTaco

New ships are cool and all but I don't think we have had a single RSI ship since the Polaris. Even then for what's essentially the first starship manufacturer, their roster of ships is very lacking.

We have the following ships (including their families of variants):

Aurora

Constellation

Orion

Polaris

Bengal Carrier

Ursa Rover

RSI made the very first commercial ship, the Zeus, so they're a ship manufacturer that has been around for a very long time. They have ships that are supposed to be ubiquitous like the Aurora and Constellation, and they're big enough to produce the Bengal Carrier.

Compare that to Aegis, which is another really old starship company, that has a very large roster of both military and civilian ships.

So really if I was to have a major critique of CIG's starship pipeline is that RSI doesn't get nearly enough love. They should almost the the polar opposite of Aegis. Where Aegis is mostly military focused with some civilian ships, RSI should have a big civilian lineup of ships with some military offerings.

TL;DR: More RSI ships please!

submitted by /u/PoisonTaco
[link] [comments]

Read more...
Reddit SC [RSS Bot]
1 Jahr Mitglied
Nachrichten Droide

Themenersteller

BeitragBeitrag #48 von Reddit SC [RSS Bot] » Fr 16. Feb 2018, 23:15

--------
The value of a really good pilot
Post at: Fr 16. Feb 2018, 23:11
By /u/Cynikill

Okay, here is something that I have been mulling over for quite awhile now, and while its probably too early to get a definitive answer, it might be an interesting discussion.

Focusing on the small - medium fighter ships (probably does not really apply to non-combat ships as much) I am curious if the game mechanics will really allow those that have mastered the ability to fly in space, to really prevail.

Personally, I am spending a lot of time and effort to get a controller setup that really allows me to (I hope one day) fluidly and instinctively fly in space. Already I get thrills as I (clunkily) fly my Ghost, practicing combining roll, strafe, surge - all axis as part of what I hope to be future space combat.

I know this is not going to be like traditional dog-fighting - with access to all of these dimensions and controls (and with these small ships have 20-30 small thrusters - which btw looks soooo amazing) I already see the potential of some amazing close quarter, zipping around dynamic dog-fights (vs just flying at 100% at someone, going past them and then turning around and trying to reclaim your delta-V).

So here I am - I started with a mouse and kybd. That definitely is not enough. Bought a logitech joystick - a little better, but I see advantages to having more analog axis controls. So I bought a Warthog - I really love the feel of the stick, and the controls. But this only got me to 4 analog axis so I replaced my Logitech with a T1600M - and while this gave me 5 axis, what I realized is I don't think I can handle 3 axis on a single hand.

So I am now investigating pedals, and will probably switch out the T1600M with a left-handed Warthog.

And even if I do get to that amazing optimization, control, and honestly even if I don't get to use it in a dogfight situation and instead just marvel in how this interaction looks so amazing in the SC world, I am hoping that being a really good fighter jockey will be valuable.

Almost every movie out there has examples of what a single pilot can do, even against some massive ships with loads of guns - if you can get into the blind spots, evade missiles, be able to master matching the flight path of an enemy ship, then decouple and basically straffe circles around them punching holes as you go...

Okay, need to stop now as my credit card is starting to burn a hole in my pants, and the MFG Crosswinds site keeps popping up....Ohhh, those things are so pretty....

submitted by /u/Cynikill
[link] [comments]

Read more...

Roadmap Update Week of Feb 16 2018
Post at: Fr 16. Feb 2018, 23:15
By /u/ForgottenLords

I am maintaining a spreadsheet tracking changes to the RSI Roadmap each week with the progress from the previous week.

The spreadsheet can be found here and will continue to be updated going forward: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1lqVbSVONFvq6uoldZIAVy08k1J2LMt-WK-UnXPCxs7o/edit?usp=sharing

I aim to leave the interpretation to the readers, but the most significant change is the advancement of Amon & Reese Omnisky from 3.3 to 3.1, and the addition of Gallenson Tactical Systems GT-Series at 3.1 both mostly complete. We also lost some progress on service beacons as several new tasks were added to that category.

submitted by /u/ForgottenLords
[link] [comments]

Read more...
Reddit SC [RSS Bot]
1 Jahr Mitglied
Nachrichten Droide

Themenersteller

BeitragBeitrag #49 von Reddit SC [RSS Bot] » Sa 17. Feb 2018, 00:00

Updated at: Sa 17. Feb 2018, 00:00

--------
Gimbal Lock - Can no longer see cursor? (fine in 2.6.x)
Post at: Fr 16. Feb 2018, 23:59
By /u/Kosyne

Ever since the 3.0 PTU, they changed how gimbal lock works. Before when using GL, your main targeting cursor was switched out with a small dot to indicate where your mouse was (to control your aim, rotation, and whatnot).

Now, however, it just locks to the center of the screen and as a mouse user, I have no indication whatsoever of where my mouse is in relation to the center of the screen, making the use of GL impossible. Now I have to either de-gimbal my sabre, or play with GL off at all times, no more switching.

I had filed an issue on the issue council during PTU (was met with a lot of similar sentiment, as well as 1-2 guys saying that it was 'by design'), but it didn't quite take off.

I'd like to try to bring this to their attention again, so if you could, and if you're affected by this issue, please help contribute to the issue here: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/community/issue-council/star-citizen-alpha-3/STARC-53964-Gimbal_Lock_no_longer_shows_cursor

submitted by /u/Kosyne
[link] [comments]

Read more...
Reddit SC [RSS Bot]
1 Jahr Mitglied
Nachrichten Droide

Themenersteller

Vorherige

Zurück zu Star Citizen News