newest submissions : starcitizen

BeitragBeitrag #1 von Reddit SC [RSS Bot] » Fr 23. Feb 2018, 00:40

Updated at: Fr 23. Feb 2018, 00:40

--------
Role Playing as a Backer in this Community
Post at: Fr 23. Feb 2018, 00:39
By /u/xxSilentRuinxx

I'm angry. And I have a list of complaints :(

CIG has once again done many bad things to insult me and make me feel not in complete control of this game.

First some background - we recently saw the internal NPC parameters in the latest ATV...

Morale = 0.500000

Reliability = 0.000000

WantedLevel = 0.000000

Reputation = 0.300000

InterPersonalStanding = 0.500000

ScheduleLoadoutTags = +Work

Virtue = 0.000000

HasMet_Ruto = false

ScheduleTags = +Mid +Engineer +Inspector

HasMet_Eckhart = false

Hygiene = 0.500000

These parameters only go into 6 digit precision which has inflamed my sensibilities. We have 64 bit systems here why are we limiting the fidelity of these parameters to this level of precision? We should have at least 10 digit precision. In its current form it will be completely and utterly unplayable.

And what about the actual parameters here - this is complete feature creep - I feel all creeped out by it too. Look at some of these, Morale? Why would I care about how an NPC feels? They are my personal slave that walks around at my command. What are they trying to say here - that if I don't treat them right in my actions that this parameter can be effected? And that my actions can have consequences in regards to this individual NPC or a even a group of NPCs? This is completely unacceptable.

And reliablity? IF I say jump - they should say HOW HIGH! What if I'm a pirate and have to choose crew from the dregs of some back water - are you telling me I might risk them being unreliable? I'M INFURIATED! Once again CIG has stabbed us all in the back. Many many stabs. Like tiny cuts all over us.

What is that wanted level - have they lost their minds making it a 6 digit precision? I DEMAND it be a true false flag because who needs the confusion and complex nuances of different levels of reaction to my presences in certain places? That is simply to much immersion. This is once again a major creepy feature - or feature creeping - whatever - it's very very bad.

And Reputation is simply pointless. Reputation with what - who - do we care? I say no we don't. My actions should not come back to haunt me simply because I did something. Why hang my actions around my neck like some kind of weight slowing me down? Harshing my game? Again - CIG trying to dictate to us how we should play. I say NO - formal protest here on this.

And what on earth is InterpersonalStanding? I mean could they make this more vague? I mean I pulled up out of context and with no information but pure guesswork, sure - but should that stop me from condeming them loudly and bringing it up over and over on this obvious blantant error in judgement?

Now ScheduleLoadoutTags is the one thing I do like - see it shows WORK and I want NPCs to WORK for ME and DO what I SAY when I SAY it. Good job on that one CIG.

Why do I care about virtue? I mean why not simply lump in Morale, Reputation, Reliability, and Virtue into one true false flag of WantedLevel? Simplifies everything - they do what I say when I say with no consequences or nuance to my actions and I know if they are simply a good guy or bad guy relative to my own wants and needs. Simple. Come on CIG get with the program!

And who's brilliant idea was it to make an individual HasMet flag for every potential NPC we might meet that is critical to the story? Have they gone completely off their rockers? One PARAMETER called HasMet that looks like

HasMet = +Ruto +Eckhart

Honest to god sometimes CIG :(

And Scheduled tags could simply be compressed to one task - +DO_WHAT_I_SAY - how hard is that to do CIG? Come on you have to work at not being utterly corrupt - wait sorry I mean - well some other very very bad CIG thing :(

And we can just drop Hygeine completely. I mean sure it might add depth to medical game mechanics and environment effect game play and consequences but really - how does this even affect the critical core game component of PEW PEW and UBER SHIP for me stuff?

Seriously CIG you really dropped the ball this time. I mean again.

Because I, as a backer, know best -_-

[End Community Backer Role Play]

submitted by /u/xxSilentRuinxx
[link] [comments]

Read more...
Reddit SC [RSS Bot]
1 Jahr Mitglied
Nachrichten Droide

Themenersteller
Danke gesagt: 0 mal
Wurde gedankt: 0 mal

Werbung

Werbung

BeitragBeitrag #2 von Reddit SC [RSS Bot] » Fr 23. Feb 2018, 00:55

Updated at: Fr 23. Feb 2018, 00:55

--------
Question regarding getting the game.
Post at: Fr 23. Feb 2018, 00:54
By /u/MegaDerp161

I know that to get thee game you need to buy a package which includes a ship. Ate you locked to this ship unless you pay real money, or is there a way to get all the ships with in-game currency?

submitted by /u/MegaDerp161
[link] [comments]

Read more...
Reddit SC [RSS Bot]
1 Jahr Mitglied
Nachrichten Droide

Themenersteller

BeitragBeitrag #3 von Reddit SC [RSS Bot] » Fr 23. Feb 2018, 01:10

Updated at: Fr 23. Feb 2018, 01:10

--------
Newb Question
Post at: Fr 23. Feb 2018, 01:10
By /u/OpTicScumper08

Hi :) Please don't rip me to shreds as I am at work and have very limited availability to the web. I am about to build a PC and want to make sure I can run this as well. What specs do I need for high performance here? Thanks in advance!

submitted by /u/OpTicScumper08
[link] [comments]

Read more...
Reddit SC [RSS Bot]
1 Jahr Mitglied
Nachrichten Droide

Themenersteller

BeitragBeitrag #4 von Reddit SC [RSS Bot] » Fr 23. Feb 2018, 01:20

--------
Buy the Vulcan ship upgrade!
Post at: Fr 23. Feb 2018, 01:18
By /u/Venrir83

Just a friendly reminder of me that you can now grab the vulcan upgrade too. If you got a ship in the under 200dollar range, like me (terrapin) you should maybe think about buying an upgrade to the vulcan for your future versatility. Maybe you dont like the role or the mechanic later on, and with the vulcan you have a perfect back up plan. Its 3 in 1 with repairing and refueling ammo / fuel. For me it was only a 5 dollar upgrade, and even if i love the terrapin after last weeks shipshape more then ever, it doesnt hurt to make a back up plans. You can even use it to test every mechanic when its ingame and melting it afterwards to go back to your first ship with the rebuy option.

submitted by /u/Venrir83
[link] [comments]

Read more...
Reddit SC [RSS Bot]
1 Jahr Mitglied
Nachrichten Droide

Themenersteller

BeitragBeitrag #5 von Reddit SC [RSS Bot] » Fr 23. Feb 2018, 01:25

--------
Concept artist appreciation.
Post at: Fr 23. Feb 2018, 01:21
By /u/Not_the_Expert

I know I'm not the only one who really appreciates the badass concept artists CIG has commissioned. The latest Vulcan art is amazing IMO and well near everything that has come before it. George Hull Designed the Reclaimer and the Orion so naturally I have to give my initial thanks to him. When you work on pieces for Star Wars, The Matrix, Blade Runner and several others, you know you have the right guy for SC. Who are your favorite artists working on the game and why?

submitted by /u/Not_the_Expert
[link] [comments]

Read more...
Reddit SC [RSS Bot]
1 Jahr Mitglied
Nachrichten Droide

Themenersteller

BeitragBeitrag #6 von Reddit SC [RSS Bot] » Fr 23. Feb 2018, 01:30

--------
Where is this $15 SQ42 upgrade?
Post at: Fr 23. Feb 2018, 01:26
By /u/NexusEvo

I have looked everywhere on this terribly laid out site. I have gone through emails. I have searched all over the web. There is no clear cut answer to this $15 upgrade.

Is it referring to the $60 game pack that has a starter, SC, and SQ42? Is there no way to upgrade my current game pack with 5 years of insurance?

Sorry if this is dead horse topic.

submitted by /u/NexusEvo
[link] [comments]

Read more...
Reddit SC [RSS Bot]
1 Jahr Mitglied
Nachrichten Droide

Themenersteller

BeitragBeitrag #7 von Reddit SC [RSS Bot] » Fr 23. Feb 2018, 01:55

--------
ATV The Living Idris DOPAMINE ಠoಠ
Post at: Fr 23. Feb 2018, 01:51
By /u/giratina143

DO YOU LOVE SUPER LONG TUNNELS FLOATING IN OUTER SPACE? IF YOU DO , WELL YOU ARE IN LUCK!

All about idris , watch the full ATV for more depth . Stills not included.

Enjoy:

submitted by /u/giratina143
[url=https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/7zk0aw/atv_the_living_idris_dopamine_ಠoಠ/][link][/url] [url=https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/7zk0aw/atv_the_living_idris_dopamine_ಠoಠ/][comments][/url]

[url=https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/7zk0aw/atv_the_living_idris_dopamine_ಠoಠ/]Read more...[/url]
Reddit SC [RSS Bot]
1 Jahr Mitglied
Nachrichten Droide

Themenersteller

BeitragBeitrag #8 von Reddit SC [RSS Bot] » Fr 23. Feb 2018, 02:00

Updated at: Fr 23. Feb 2018, 02:00

--------
Was searching for aHOTAS mount and found these guys-And they look great. Anyone have any experience with them ?
Post at: Fr 23. Feb 2018, 02:00
By /u/gmoney-

submitted by /u/gmoney-
[link] [comments]

Read more...
Reddit SC [RSS Bot]
1 Jahr Mitglied
Nachrichten Droide

Themenersteller

BeitragBeitrag #9 von Reddit SC [RSS Bot] » Fr 23. Feb 2018, 02:05

--------
Found when looking for a HOTAS mount. They look great. Anyone with any experience ?
Post at: Fr 23. Feb 2018, 02:02
By /u/gmoney-

Bild

submitted by /u/gmoney-
[link] [comments]

Read more...
Reddit SC [RSS Bot]
1 Jahr Mitglied
Nachrichten Droide

Themenersteller

BeitragBeitrag #10 von Reddit SC [RSS Bot] » Fr 23. Feb 2018, 04:25

--------
What do you do while waiting to reach your destination?
Post at: Fr 23. Feb 2018, 04:20
By /u/dustinarden

So like the title says. I'm currently 250km out from my waste pickup point and ... I'm just sitting. Thankfully my pickup point was on the side of the planet I jumped to but I still have a when to go before I'm there. Do you zone out to something completely different or tend to other in-game things or what? Maybe I'm doing this all wrong but it seems as though there is a good chunk of "free" time on many missions.

submitted by /u/dustinarden
[link] [comments]

Read more...
Reddit SC [RSS Bot]
1 Jahr Mitglied
Nachrichten Droide

Themenersteller

BeitragBeitrag #11 von Reddit SC [RSS Bot] » Fr 23. Feb 2018, 05:45

--------
Sucks for this guy...
Post at: Fr 23. Feb 2018, 05:45
By /u/camera_operator

Bild

submitted by /u/camera_operator
[link] [comments]

Read more...
Reddit SC [RSS Bot]
1 Jahr Mitglied
Nachrichten Droide

Themenersteller

BeitragBeitrag #12 von Reddit SC [RSS Bot] » Fr 23. Feb 2018, 06:20

--------
Want to upgrade package, but...
Post at: Fr 23. Feb 2018, 06:16
By /u/Techn028

If I upgrade a game package with 4 months insurance to a ship that has LTI will I have LTI or will I be stuck with the original insurance from the package?

submitted by /u/Techn028
[link] [comments]

Read more...
Reddit SC [RSS Bot]
1 Jahr Mitglied
Nachrichten Droide

Themenersteller

BeitragBeitrag #13 von Reddit SC [RSS Bot] » Fr 23. Feb 2018, 11:25

Updated at: Fr 23. Feb 2018, 11:25

--------
[Game Mechanics Concept] Quantum Drag Effects
Post at: Fr 23. Feb 2018, 11:22
By /u/Ruadhan2300

So we all know about how the plan is that Jump-points will come in different sizes.

A bigger ship might not be able to use all the jump points, which is fair enough.

How about this for a concept? Different sized ships with different qualities of Quantum Drive arrive at planets at different altitudes.

Think of it like a kind of warp-drag effect. A ship with a properly shaped quantum drive field can dive deeper into a gravity well before dropping to conventional drives. While a smaller craft can do the same because it has a smaller drive-profile, or a greater drive-strength to mass ratio if you prefer.

The net effect being that a large cargo ship like the Hull E will end up 500 km away from the planet surface on conventional drives, while a carrack with enhanced drives can show up a mere 100 or so away. This means that the big cumbersome cargo ships spend more time traveling on conventional drives, rendering them a little more vulnerable to piracy (ignoring interdictions) and generally meaning that larger ships spend more time getting places than smaller ones. This also provides a very meaningful reason to upgrade your quantum drive unit, a military grade drive might spool up faster and allow you to be closer to your destination when arrive, which can only be a useful upgrade!

Thoughts?

submitted by /u/Ruadhan2300
[link] [comments]

Read more...
Reddit SC [RSS Bot]
1 Jahr Mitglied
Nachrichten Droide

Themenersteller

BeitragBeitrag #14 von Reddit SC [RSS Bot] » Fr 23. Feb 2018, 11:35

--------
Ursa Rover on the Surface of Daymar
Post at: Fr 23. Feb 2018, 11:32
By /u/Taleus5261

Bild

submitted by /u/Taleus5261
[link] [comments]

Read more...
Reddit SC [RSS Bot]
1 Jahr Mitglied
Nachrichten Droide

Themenersteller

BeitragBeitrag #15 von Reddit SC [RSS Bot] » Fr 23. Feb 2018, 11:40

--------
Mobile base ship [idea]
Post at: Fr 23. Feb 2018, 11:38
By /u/crane228

So, I have seen this type of ship somewhere. Either in other game or some concept art. But it would be cool if we had a capital ship with foldable landing pads on the sides. So then if your squad has damaged ships and you need some field repair you can just call one of these ships and have them patch you up. Also it can be used as a mobile forward outpost. It would have hangars, maybe some roads for service vehichels and stuff like this

submitted by /u/crane228
[link] [comments]

Read more...
Reddit SC [RSS Bot]
1 Jahr Mitglied
Nachrichten Droide

Themenersteller

Werbung

Werbung

Nächste