newest submissions : starcitizen

Alles über das Star Citizen Universum

BeitragBeitrag #61 von Reddit SC [RSS Bot] » Di 12. Jun 2018, 19:50

--------
Literally still cannot even make it out of the bed -_-
Post at: Di 12. Jun 2018, 19:33
By /u/TrojanLeHorse

Lil' bit dumb that a reinstall and deletion of the user folder hasn't sorted out this issue, I genuinely cant play the game at the moment...

submitted by /u/TrojanLeHorse
[link] [comments]

Read more...

An elegant solution to the "Agent Smithing" problem.
Post at: Di 12. Jun 2018, 19:38
By /u/chrisrigel

I've not seen this solution discussed and would like to get the community's feedback on the pros and cons of such a solution.

Considering the travel times associated with moving your character around the 'verse I certainly understand the need for some type of proxy system that allows players to quickly join up and adventure together when the player's characters are vast distances apart and an in-universe meet-up would be very cumbersome. At the same time, I also understand the argument of how immersion breaking and unrealistic it would be to allow other players to take control of a hired NPC. Especially when you take into account that CIG has said that every NPC is essentially going to be their own "person" complete with personalities, skills, etc.

What I'm proposing as a solution would be to add purchasable android crew members that could act as a remote proxy for players. Something akin to the "Drone Hosts" from Westworld with the ability for other players to temporarily take over control of them from a remote location. When not acting as a proxy for another player the droid could go into a basic hibernation state in the cargo area of your ship or even perform certain tasks or orders given to it such as loading/unloading of cargo, it could be given a weapon and act as a basic sentry, or maybe serve as a "pack mule" for ground-based expeditions, etc. Nothing to elaborate, just basic functions and commands unless controlled by another player.

This seems like a rather elegant solution to maintain immersion while adding functionality and a fictional technology that would seemingly exist in such an advanced universe of the future.

What do you guys think about this solution? What would be some of the ways such a system could be abused? What would be possible solutions to prevent those abuses?

submitted by /u/chrisrigel
[link] [comments]

Read more...

Star Citizen not using all of my available hardware
Post at: Di 12. Jun 2018, 19:41
By /u/PutinPisces

Hi. I bought Star Citizen a few months back and haven't played it much because of poor performance in the PU. I have realized that Star Citizen is only using 30-40% of my GPU and CPU in the PU (some other things like space marine and in the self-land hangar have very good performance, 100fps or more, and they are using 97-100% of my CPU and GPU). Is there a way to force Star Citizen to use all available CPU and GPU power to increase my frame rate. My specs are:

R7 1700 GTX 1070 32GB 3000Mhz DDR4 Game installed on an NVMe SSD

submitted by /u/PutinPisces
[link] [comments]

Read more...

Star Citizen, Good bye Avenger before rework
Post at: Di 12. Jun 2018, 19:47
By /u/Vimevan

Bild

submitted by /u/Vimevan
[comments]

Read more...

I think star citizen is extraordinary.
Post at: Di 12. Jun 2018, 19:49
By /u/TommyBlue7

Just had to put that out there.

submitted by /u/TommyBlue7
[link] [comments]

Read more...
Reddit SC [RSS Bot]
1 Jahr Mitglied
Nachrichten Droide

Themenersteller
Danke gesagt: 0 mal
Wurde gedankt: 0 mal

Werbung

Werbung

BeitragBeitrag #62 von Reddit SC [RSS Bot] » Di 12. Jun 2018, 20:00

Updated at: Di 12. Jun 2018, 20:00

--------
Some thoughts from a long-term backer which really hit home
Post at: Di 12. Jun 2018, 19:58
By /u/DataPhreak

Just read a comment which has encapsulated my feelings towards the game after 15 years as a backer. /u/DKLond I hope you don’t mind me copy and pasting this, but it really hit home for me and I thought it needed to be shared.

Well, some people seem to really enjoy trying to bring things down - and I suppose the closer the project actually gets to being something that's very, very hard to deny in terms of being impressive - the more desperate in your aggression you would tend to get in return because "being wrong online" is something akin to the world ending for some people.

That's a key to understanding human psychology. It's not that people are "evil" or "hateful" - they just want to feel good about themselves, we all do. Part of feeling good about yourself, for a disturbingly large segment of the populace, is being right in public.

Essentially, this isn't about SC and CR for people - it's about being right in your original assumption. Even for someone like DS - because he so desperately wants the game to fail like he, himself, has failed. Then he would stop hating it - and be fully satisfied that he was right all along.

So, if Star Citizen really WAS in trouble and it was announced and made public - the aggression would actually die down and people would be very content and "I told you-so-ish" instead of aggressively against SC and CR.

In a way, I think we can actually guage how well SC is doing - because the more noise and excessive hate lavished upon it - the closer it is to success. Even IF it's released and is as great as we want it to be, there will be a lot of people stuck in their original opinions because it's STILL more important to be right than to enjoy yourself with a great game and let others enjoy themselves.

Personally, I don't understand why they don't just write it off and go do something else, but to each is own. Better yet - leave it be and reserve judgment instead of writing it off.

Since I gave up much of my ego-driven behavior years ago - I sometimes forget how much people invest in being right and others being wrong.

I mean, in my universe - being human means you're going to be wrong several times every single day. There's no escaping it.

So, I don't invest myself in these things.

However, I really do want Star Citizen to succeed - and thankfully, as we seem to agree upon, the progress is good and steady.

Like Roberts himself has said many, many times: Let the game speak for itself. That's been the CIG strategy instead of getting involved in all the hatefests - and they're doing their best to just focus on getting this ridiculously ambitious project done.

I don't envy how it must feel to work on something this ambitious and face so many seemingly impossible tasks on a daily basis - at the same time as having a vocal minority call you the worst kinds of things imaginable - whilst knowing next to nothing about what's actually going on behind the scenes.

It must be stressful - but I guess it's also very gratifying when they get to show things to the people who really appreciate the work and how impressive the technology really is.

There's certainly no way ignorant words alone are going to affect development in the slightest. I know certain people are hoping for that, but that's not how the real world works - thankfully.

So, I'm really not that worried about it.

submitted by /u/DataPhreak
[link] [comments]

Read more...
Reddit SC [RSS Bot]
1 Jahr Mitglied
Nachrichten Droide

Themenersteller

BeitragBeitrag #63 von Reddit SC [RSS Bot] » Di 12. Jun 2018, 20:10

Updated at: Di 12. Jun 2018, 20:10

--------
This is my favourite scene of the E3 trailer
Post at: Di 12. Jun 2018, 20:09
By /u/GodwinW

https://i.redd.it/klu7ko79cm311.png

Sure, the trailer in general has many awesome moments, but scenes like this greeting you when you approach a station or exit a QT jump just really evoke the joy of these games in my mind.

Seeing the Javelin, Reclaimer, 600i, Avenger, 300i-series ship, Constellation and others out there flying about around that huge station near a planet/moon with a very nice spacescape.. so good :)

submitted by /u/GodwinW
[link] [comments]

Read more...
Reddit SC [RSS Bot]
1 Jahr Mitglied
Nachrichten Droide

Themenersteller

BeitragBeitrag #64 von Reddit SC [RSS Bot] » Di 12. Jun 2018, 20:55

--------
In other news, the Drake reveal is Thursday.
Post at: Di 12. Jun 2018, 20:53
By /u/angryargue

Who’s planning on preordering the ship?

submitted by /u/angryargue
[link] [comments]

Read more...

The Real 3.2 Experience - Coming Soon
Post at: Di 12. Jun 2018, 20:54
By /u/iXeloN

Bild

submitted by /u/iXeloN
[link] [comments]

Read more...
Reddit SC [RSS Bot]
1 Jahr Mitglied
Nachrichten Droide

Themenersteller

BeitragBeitrag #65 von Reddit SC [RSS Bot] » Di 12. Jun 2018, 21:05

--------
Xi'an Khartu-Al in Lego form from concept artist Eddie Del Rio's ArtStation (seeking original Lego creator)
Post at: Di 12. Jun 2018, 21:02
By /u/Fineus

Bild

submitted by /u/Fineus
[link] [comments]

Read more...
Reddit SC [RSS Bot]
1 Jahr Mitglied
Nachrichten Droide

Themenersteller

BeitragBeitrag #66 von Reddit SC [RSS Bot] » Di 12. Jun 2018, 21:25

--------
cockpit switch panel
Post at: Di 12. Jun 2018, 21:22
By /u/Humanevil

dose anyone know if this will work in sc yet? https://www.logitechg.com/en-gb/product/flight-sim-switch-panel

submitted by /u/Humanevil
[link] [comments]

Read more...
Reddit SC [RSS Bot]
1 Jahr Mitglied
Nachrichten Droide

Themenersteller

BeitragBeitrag #67 von Reddit SC [RSS Bot] » Di 12. Jun 2018, 21:35

--------
(Question) Greycat on planet?
Post at: Di 12. Jun 2018, 21:34
By /u/AirFell85

My old crew and I were thinking about playing again for a bit, I have the 20,000 UEC, was thinking about buying the greycat and a skin for it so we could load it into my buddies Freelancer.

Can we currently spawn the greycat in the universe?

submitted by /u/AirFell85
[link] [comments]

Read more...
Reddit SC [RSS Bot]
1 Jahr Mitglied
Nachrichten Droide

Themenersteller

BeitragBeitrag #68 von Reddit SC [RSS Bot] » Di 12. Jun 2018, 21:55

Updated at: Di 12. Jun 2018, 21:55

--------
A few questions before buying the game
Post at: Di 12. Jun 2018, 21:50
By /u/MrMerksss

I've been following star citizen since around 2015, I've never had a computer powerful enough to run it until recently. I was just wondering a few things 1) Is it possible to buy more ships in game using in-game currency? or am I stuck to using actual money 2) Is the game stable enough to enjoy? I was reading reports of people with 1080ti's getting barely 30fps and lastly, do you think i'd be able to play it with atleast 30 fps? I'm running with an AMD Ryzen 7 1700 cpu RX 570 GPU 16gb of ddr4 ram And of course the game will be put on an ssd

submitted by /u/MrMerksss
[link] [comments]

Read more...

I don't always post multiple times a day, but when I do, it's because I'm defending what I believe in.
Post at: Di 12. Jun 2018, 21:54
By /u/DataPhreak

Bild

submitted by /u/DataPhreak
[link] [comments]

Read more...
Reddit SC [RSS Bot]
1 Jahr Mitglied
Nachrichten Droide

Themenersteller

BeitragBeitrag #69 von Reddit SC [RSS Bot] » Di 12. Jun 2018, 22:35

--------
Referral Program
Post at: Di 12. Jun 2018, 22:31
By /u/SeekDevour

Hello friends, any news on the expanded referral program? This is just an honest question as I'm inviting many friends to play to get the Gladius, but was wondering if they will add more rewards or tiers as it had been mentioned before.

Also I currently sit at 32 prospects and 6 referrals, what advice could you give to reach 10 referrals?

submitted by /u/SeekDevour
[link] [comments]

Read more...
Reddit SC [RSS Bot]
1 Jahr Mitglied
Nachrichten Droide

Themenersteller

BeitragBeitrag #70 von Reddit SC [RSS Bot] » Di 12. Jun 2018, 23:25

--------
Are both squadron 42 and the regular multiplayer game mode open world?
Post at: Di 12. Jun 2018, 23:23
By /u/Judespace

An internet search yeilded an old post on here from like 2 years ago about someone asking how open would squadron 42 be. I plan on getting this game after I upgrade my pc by the end of the year, and want to check this game out but want to know what mode it is where I can just explore so I can buy that package

submitted by /u/Judespace
[link] [comments]

Read more...
Reddit SC [RSS Bot]
1 Jahr Mitglied
Nachrichten Droide

Themenersteller

BeitragBeitrag #71 von Reddit SC [RSS Bot] » Di 12. Jun 2018, 23:30

--------
What is that?
Post at: Di 12. Jun 2018, 23:26
By /u/JaddowDE

Bild

submitted by /u/JaddowDE
[link] [comments]

Read more...
Reddit SC [RSS Bot]
1 Jahr Mitglied
Nachrichten Droide

Themenersteller

BeitragBeitrag #72 von Reddit SC [RSS Bot] » Di 12. Jun 2018, 23:45

--------
International SC community gets first try, here's an xbox live code.(0C) Didn't work in the US, so try it in your country and let me know where I was scammed from.
Post at: Di 12. Jun 2018, 23:44
By /u/loicwg

Xbox live, 12 month cose https://imgur.com/a/qE5HfMf

submitted by /u/loicwg
[link] [comments]

Read more...
Reddit SC [RSS Bot]
1 Jahr Mitglied
Nachrichten Droide

Themenersteller