newest submissions : starcitizen

Alles über das Star Citizen Universum

BeitragBeitrag #31 von Reddit SC [RSS Bot] » Di 12. Jun 2018, 10:20

--------
Here's a tip on lost REC weapons
Post at: Di 12. Jun 2018, 10:19
By /u/shadyonedeath

Not sure if this is new but thought i'd help.

If you die in PU with your new REC weapons:

Option1:
- Don't claim it. Log out and go to Arena.

-Enter Ship customization. Weapons should be there. Load them up again.

Option 2:

-Claim it. Log out of PU. Go to Arena.

-Check if theyre available again.

submitted by /u/shadyonedeath
[link] [comments]

Read more...
Reddit SC [RSS Bot]
1 Jahr Mitglied
Nachrichten Droide

Themenersteller
Danke gesagt: 0 mal
Wurde gedankt: 0 mal

Werbung

Werbung

BeitragBeitrag #32 von Reddit SC [RSS Bot] » Di 12. Jun 2018, 11:00

--------
Will I butcher my chance of getting into the earlier PTU builds by not participating in 3.2 PTU?
Post at: Di 12. Jun 2018, 10:58
By /u/Never-asked-for-this

Edit: typo in the title, I mean PTU wave, not PTU build. I guess build too, but the earlier wave you get the higher performance you get (used to be that way at least).

I'm taking a break until the performance is resolved. I feel like as it is now, it's only hurting the game for me by playing it at this stage (this is just me, of course everyone is different).

I was VERY active during 3.0's PTU (first wave baby), but my reports weren't tracked (to my knowledge) since I had to recopy my account for the various bugs (ships missing doors, not able to join, not able to order ships, etc.), I suspect that's why I wasn't in the first non-concierge wave in 3.1's PTU (could also be because I wasn't very active during 3.0 stable, but I doubt that's why).

Now I haven't touched SC since 3.1 hit stable and I'm waiting to get back in to 3.3 when network culling is finally in. Might get into 3.2 stable, but skipping PTU.

I also haven't been very active in Spectrum (dropped in a few times, even had a chat with a dev not even a month ago), and the last time I touched the forums was pre-3.0 PTU.

submitted by /u/Never-asked-for-this
[link] [comments]

Read more...
Reddit SC [RSS Bot]
1 Jahr Mitglied
Nachrichten Droide

Themenersteller

BeitragBeitrag #33 von Reddit SC [RSS Bot] » Di 12. Jun 2018, 11:25

Updated at: Di 12. Jun 2018, 11:25

--------
The E3 trailer was alright.
Post at: Di 12. Jun 2018, 11:21
By /u/Utgaard

The E3 Star Citizen trailer was just that - an E3 trailer, nothing more nothing less. Like most other trailers, it showed a game that's not yet finished, that might get delayed, downgraded etc. But it was a well made trailer, and showed that special SC magic that got us all hooked through all these years. Hell, it got my old backer ass excited, even though I know how things are.

I guess for us die hard backers we view the trailer in a diferent light, we know all about SC and it's delayed state. To us, that trailer can seem dishonest, but was it really? The intended audience there wasn't us, it was the regular E3 pundit who knows nothing about SC but is pretty well informed about E3 trailers I'd bet. Sure, I'd have dropped that "prepare for 3.2" at the end, that would've made it a lot better received I think.

Know, you can question the wisdom of CIG not doing more to prevent alienation of it's own backers, word-of-mouth is a powerful tool. Imagine how nice it would be that all these articles could be filled with people cheering SC instead of calling it a scam. Perhaps they are banking on the recent negativity being a vocal minority, meybe they are right maybe not. Personally I remain cautiously optimistic, I really think the regular cadence of 2018 was a great move by CIG and shows real promise.

submitted by /u/Utgaard
[link] [comments]

Read more...
Reddit SC [RSS Bot]
1 Jahr Mitglied
Nachrichten Droide

Themenersteller

BeitragBeitrag #34 von Reddit SC [RSS Bot] » Di 12. Jun 2018, 12:45

--------
Thank you SC reddit!
Post at: Di 12. Jun 2018, 12:43
By /u/TommyBlue7

As per your advice running sc from ssd, omg it's so good now.

submitted by /u/TommyBlue7
[link] [comments]

Read more...
Reddit SC [RSS Bot]
1 Jahr Mitglied
Nachrichten Droide

Themenersteller

BeitragBeitrag #35 von Reddit SC [RSS Bot] » Di 12. Jun 2018, 12:55

--------
New Glaive skin and Scythe Reversed?
Post at: Di 12. Jun 2018, 12:52
By /u/SpadessVR

Bild

submitted by /u/SpadessVR
[link] [comments]

Read more...
Reddit SC [RSS Bot]
1 Jahr Mitglied
Nachrichten Droide

Themenersteller

BeitragBeitrag #36 von Reddit SC [RSS Bot] » Di 12. Jun 2018, 13:05

--------
Yo, is my SSD experience normal?
Post at: Di 12. Jun 2018, 13:01
By /u/XanthosGambit

I figure it's "normal" if eveyone experiences this.

Anyway, whenever I load into the hangar module, most of the hangar loads but then after a few seconds, everything else pops into existence.

Arena Commander is normal, haven't tried the Universe mode yet.

• i7 4790

• 16 GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR3 1600 MHz RAM

• Sapphire RX 480 8 GB Nitro+ OC

• Samsung 860 EVO 500 GB SSD (game install)
submitted by /u/XanthosGambit
[link] [comments]

Read more...
Reddit SC [RSS Bot]
1 Jahr Mitglied
Nachrichten Droide

Themenersteller

BeitragBeitrag #37 von Reddit SC [RSS Bot] » Di 12. Jun 2018, 14:05

--------
Why does a game in alpha status have a $27000 microtransaction
Post at: Di 12. Jun 2018, 14:00
By /u/InorganicBanana

Let alone any microtransactions at all. This is the epitomy of greed in the gaming industry and shouldn't be stood for.

submitted by /u/InorganicBanana
[link] [comments]

Read more...

From a Fan to the E3 visitors: Make up your own minds & let the game speak for itself :).
Post at: Di 12. Jun 2018, 14:01
By /u/Bartfresse

Hello there! Some of you probably came from the recent PC Gaming Show Live Stream and you are wondering what Star Citizen is all about and why it caused so much of a stir and controversy in chat right?

Maybe you left Star Citizen for quite some time and just recently came back because you saw the E3 trailer and are wondering what the devs are up to now?

Or maybe you are like me, a starcitizen subreddit regular and you are wondering why the hell somewhat made another TL;DR thread on the topic?

Let me try and answer your question and add some more FAQ insight, again everything i am writing is subjective, I urge you to research on your own. I can only speak for myself as a Star Citizen Fan, however I feel like there are still a lot of misconceptions about Star Citizen by those who mostly hear bad stuff about it so lets try and even things out.

Also I will not try and sell/sugar coat things and try to be as honest as possible. If you decided to buy the game anyways you most like still will after this thread, if not you probably wont either. It is all up to you. This thread is supposed to simply clear up things a bit (eh, hopefully). There will be some unpleasant topics that have been boiling up in the recent past from both the fans and critics that I feel should be adressed openly in order to hopefully motivate you to find out more on your own to make up your own mind and talk with others and come to your own formed conclusion that is based on facts rather than rumors.

I also higly encourage every backer and critic to engage in this thread. I think I don't need to ask, you guys are always there ;D. I probably left out some important points for or against it, mixed up some points, or have some major flaws in my argumentation, in that case I welcome corrections and debates.

Let's have a proper exchange and try to find common ground even if that often to almost always simply proves impossible given past conversations. It is the attempt to try and talk to each other, that matters.

----------------------------------------------------------

"Scam?"

It is NOT a scam, never has been, even if many in chat claimed it is. This is a false rumor spread by trolls and those who don’t know any better. It is just simply a very ambitious project and I get why some might say that, but I will try to get into that a little more further below. ( see "Financing" and “Development” below)

And there is proof out there everywhere, there are no secrets. All you have to do is follow the official development and watch gameplay, talk with some of the streamers/youtubers who mainly play Star Citizen, ask them questions, many of them are among the friendliest people there are and will happily answer your questions in which state the game currently is in.

AMD and Intel have each sponsored Star Citizen, you can be damn sure they would never want to be associated with the project if the accusations were true. Also don’t forget Amazon’s Lumberyard engine the game is being built on.

Financing and why nothing is P2W:

The game has always entirely financed itself over crowdfunding with different tiers of ship sales. But all you need is $45 dollars to get a starter package (game plus ship) as a reward to play the game right now, nothing more. Anything else is simply to further support the game with hier tier pledges that have more rewards if you think it is worth it like with all crowdfunding projects. There is the controversial imo bonkers 27K package which has made its rounds and was eaten up by sensationalist youtubers and so called “game magazines” but truth is it purely aimed at a very small 1% market of people who have requested it and would like to support the devs and is old news, it is simply an update from the old completionist pack. People have argued it is greedy and pay to win but that is utter nonsense. CIG has always financed itself solely because of these ship sales and the numbers speak for themselves.

Also you need a functioning crew for many of the ships, you cant just single handedly have the upper hand . Also there is no reason to be upset. What exactly do you think you loose if all you have is a Starter Ship? I will tell you, nothing! Do you intend to be ready from the very start to compete with everyone else fair and square? Well I have a surprise for you, this thought is unrealistic anyways, even if everyone would start out with a starter ship only. Everyone who has ever played an MMO knows that most likely 99% of the time you will be in a disadvantage right from the start because there are people already grinding 24/7 before you simply because they might live in New Zealand and get the games hours before you do due to different timezones, just to name one example. Also imo it is much more fun to grind for all ships anyways because they will be made available for free later on in the finished game (my guess is ± 3 years from now) so like I said, a 45$ Game Package is all you ever need, the rest is purely optional. Optionally, get yourself some buddies, create an org and off you go grinding for that sweet Idris or Javelin.

Let the game speak for itself:

Unlike No Man’s Sky during its closed development, you can play Star Citizen right now or once it is out or in a more playable state. CIG does not make a secret about what the current state of the game is and where it is going, same goes for all content creators and streamers, what you see ingame is what you will currently get unlike what the trailer shows but more of that later. They let you play this super early because of open development but don’t mistake this for your average early access title, it is still heavily in development, many features are missing, riddled with bugs for many good and valid reasons I am trying to voice further below.

Other than that the current version 3.1.4 is still a lot of fun if you ignore the fluctuating FPS and lags. It already has a lot of things one can look forward to, you can fly missions, soak in the beauty of the new planetary system, do cargo/beacon missions so on and so forth. there are countless gameplay videos out there that will get you up to speed too!

Development Time:

This game is in development since 6 years now, a standard development timeframe that isn’t even that big yet considering what Star Citizen is going to be and some people still like to compare it to the development time of other games by well established developers, as if that is a benchmark in an evergrowing technological world.

The detailed realistic graphics & planned complex scope, AI, physics, game mechanics of this game combined with the goal to make it into an MMO is unparalleled by other productions. Noone can name any other example of a production to this date, that does things better and shows these all these attributes combined in a game that resembles a similiar scope. I might even make the following bold statement, maybe a little bit of fanboyism sprinkled in, eh why not; CIG is the Elon Musk of Space Game Developers. They are ready to take risks and eventually succeed where no one else would have even started in the first place. It means they can horribly fail but it also means they can gloriously succeed. Noone here can proclaim the right to know where the journey will take us. I for myself am confident that CIG is going the right way looking at their constant updates, they are slowly but surely getting there, the production keeps going! I only wish for the communication to be somewhat more direct sometimes, it feels like sometimes questions are being left out that don’t have to be left out. It admittedly raises concerns sometimes. But I also accept their right to not answer everything. I know this topic is important to many backers and I also do not know how to feel about that sometimes. But considering how much they still let us in, I am not complaining.

They have a trusting community that finances them, no pesky developer who forces them to rush a game that is a skimmed down game but could have been so much more (Some AAA games will probably ring bells for you right now) in hopes to make shortterm dosh. You can say this is an advantage and disadvantage at the same time. On one hand it gives the devs a lot of freedom to explore and try out new stuff without a ringing deadline in their back. Instead, they have us, breathing down their necks. If that is a good or bad thing only time will tell.

Game Development simply can take a lot of time, we cannot tell how long a game of this scope is “supposed” to take. Many don’t understand that, therefore draw premature conclusions. They expect the highest skyscraper to be built in a day (a little hyperbole here :D ) because they apparently know how shit is done (not). Now also add to this the factor of building a large universe, especially the architecture for it: We talk about networking, the ability to put many people on a server without performance and stability going down, more of that further down.

Speaking of buildings, people like to say, “well they have built the top floors without having any fundament”. This is not true. They are constantly modifying the engine to make it work with SCs scope. And with open development and citizens being able to watch their every move it is understandable if they could not really take the classical traditional route of development. They always had to juggle between developing and keeping their funding up and running by showcasing new content that got the hype train going. I admire them for constantly trying to keep their balance in all of this. And the community knows this for the most part. The main reason people are pissed off, is because they have to wait. If it were closed we would never know, never care. We would get a notification after 8-10 years in our inbox saying "Star Citizen will release in 1 year", kind of like the E3 reveal type of deal of all AAA developer studios.

CIG also had trouble meeting their release milestones in the past, this pissed off a lot of people but recently with the start of this years roadmap, they managed to stick to their roadmap for the most part way better than past years, yes they also postponed features but we know that these will still make their way into the game.

"Yes but how is the performance/stability of the game?"

Right now, it is somewhat awful most of the time to play with constant stutters, yes, the reasons for that are outlined if you follow the development, it has mostly to do with how the current server network is built, how different tasks are allocated on threads currently etc. but they are working on these problems already and they had to postpone a part of their network update to 3.3 along with the big network/server update which releases end of September. It is unfortunate but from all the features that might have gotten postponed I was expecting this one to be part of it because this is simply the hardest task they have to accomplish. Without it, there can be no game. And exactly this feature will make the difference imo. But with all other areas of development they also have hired some of the best for this field I am sure.

Therefore it is my firm belief why no other game studio has attempted a game like this yet with all attributes I have lined out. CIG has employed some of the best devs the industry has to offer, people who worked on big game studios, VFX houses and the original cryengine itself which has been switched to Lumberyard, a similar spin off engine owned by Amazon.

Improving their network and servers is “THE Game Changer” imo. I already trust them to succeed with everything else, they have proven that already. But regarding the networking features I dont have enough knowledge to know if it can be done in the end or not but the very reason they try to do just that is another reason for me why I backed this game and why I will continue to support them in the future.

E3 Trailer VS current features ingame:

They have shown the new E3 trailer with a lot of content not yet in 3.1 or the upcoming 3.2, this is a fact. They should have probably fit in another title and text but I get they want lift the hype about it. But also, it simply shows where Star Citizen is heading and oh boy, it is way well on its way, again, I highly recommend you check out their official youtube channel to stay up to date with their development!

If you don't like the concept of Star Citizen it is totally fine to say “I don’t like where Star Citizen is atm, I will come back later to see, how it has progressed.” That is a very legit reason which everyone will understand. It is not for everyone, no game is. All you can do is leave it, wait for it to become playable or, if you like the concept, pledge right now. It is up to you.

But calling this game a scam is simply a slap in the face for all hardworking devs currently pouring their hearts into this, they really have not deserved this.

"Why all the dislikes and bad comments?"

It is because it created quite the controversy over the years, some justified, some simply based on the fact that some people (not all) just want to watch the world burn wasting their precious time to hate on a game, instead of using it for better productive things. We know that guy in any shape or form, they are represented in any game so it is nothing new. One guy was so butthurt he did it because he was jealous they kicked him out because he tried to sell his products. he couldn’t even make a proper game with his comparibly much tinier budget where others would succeed, hence why he started the whole hate movement against this game including doxing & harassment, it is all he can look forward to in his life apparently.

In the end many of the haters don’t care so much about the game itself but find joy in simply pissing everyone off and spread unfounded slander to elevate themselves. They even have their own discord and I would not be surprised if they even organise troll raids with bot accounts. It is super easy these days to do these stunts to try and change public oppinion. I think it has less to do with Star Citizen but the overall toxicity of our society in this day and age that has lead to this sort of behaviour. And some who just hear about Star Citizen on the side and not do their research properly follow a simple narrative instead of thinking for themselves for a second, instead, they keep repeating other trolls nonsense about it being a scam, I do not necessarily want to mark them as trolls too, they might just not be very well informed so no hard feelings please. I just find the whole idea of trolling to be very juvenile and not worth my time, still, we sometimes need to interact with them. We do it everywhere. Also i am aware of the irony having written this. But honestly, someone has to react to this kindergarden.

I am not saying that Star Citizen is untouchable, I am saying if you don't like the concept, move on. I get why people are raising their eyebrows over this. Come back if it is in a playable state if you do not wish to support game development now. Why waste so much time and energy on hating something? I will never understand that. I am a gamer, I like to have fun, if i don't have fun, I move on. I dont stick around shoving it in everyones faces like a daily alarm clock. I'd say my piece maybe once and I am done with it.

Then again, it is the internet.

Community:

The community is one of the most warm hearted I have ever come across in my entire life. You have people from all walks of life, the community seems to be overall older with it averaging in the 25-35 group from my own observations.

There are also bad apples in our community, of course there are! You probably heard that there have even been a couple of individuals with awful radical tendencies or simply troubled personalities issuing death threats that in no way reflect our community as a whole. If you see them, immediately report them, we (yes, for once, I am talking on behalf here) do not want them here or anywhere in spectrum! But again, you have these type of radical haters and lovers on both sides and you find these phenomenons everywhere! Show me one single community without them. And generalising has proven to only bring suffering and unjust stigma to the big majority of citizens that are nice people. Some are admittingly white-knighting it to hell at times, which I think is unnecessary and childish, maybe i am one of them too sometimes but even I still reserve the right to speak out and voice my critizism if I don't like something about the game and i often do for several reasons but overall, I still support CIG because they have proven to learn from their mistakes and showed a lot of progress over the years. I have often talked with the devs in person on conventions that really brought me back to earth and to the reality of things. The devs are pretty much like us, friendly scifi nerds, just with the expertise to make a game, they want this game to happen as badly as we do. They visit fan events not because they have to, but because they want to.

Thank you.

submitted by /u/Bartfresse
[link] [comments]

Read more...
Reddit SC [RSS Bot]
1 Jahr Mitglied
Nachrichten Droide

Themenersteller

BeitragBeitrag #38 von Reddit SC [RSS Bot] » Di 12. Jun 2018, 14:35

--------
Paid to play is so old school mmo style. The future is free to play.
Post at: Di 12. Jun 2018, 14:35
By /u/barakameek

Make sc free to play but allow buying of ships but have every thing gettable in game with out too much grinding.

As a backer that has put in a good chunk of money i would be happy to have people be able to play for free. As im sure people would still get a starter ship or bigger. Lets spread the love.

This would take the sting out of the bad press to a large amount too i would guess.

submitted by /u/barakameek
[link] [comments]

Read more...
Reddit SC [RSS Bot]
1 Jahr Mitglied
Nachrichten Droide

Themenersteller

BeitragBeitrag #39 von Reddit SC [RSS Bot] » Di 12. Jun 2018, 14:40

Updated at: Di 12. Jun 2018, 14:40

--------
By the time Star Citizen comes out lots of people might be playing games from a Cloud PC.
Post at: Di 12. Jun 2018, 14:37
By /u/codesmatodes

I've been playing my entire steam collection of games over Geforce now for the last few months completely shocked at how well it works. Sometimes the games actually run better than my computer ran them, and the hardware of the cloud machine allows me to run anything on the highest settings available in the game, and then stream that video 1080p 60fps to my screen. I have really good internet and was traditionally a console gamer that came back to PC but I don't have a computer good enough to run start citizen even tho I have supported the game through purchasing many ships. I planned to save and build a computer that would run star citizen by the time a major release happens, and I just use Geforce now to get my gaming fix in until I can have my own system. It makes me think that eventually gaming will become much more accessible regardless of what the system requirements are because of Cloud Gaming, and for some people who live in the right areas of the world it could be very innovative.

submitted by /u/codesmatodes
[link] [comments]

Read more...
Reddit SC [RSS Bot]
1 Jahr Mitglied
Nachrichten Droide

Themenersteller

BeitragBeitrag #40 von Reddit SC [RSS Bot] » Di 12. Jun 2018, 14:45

--------
Realistic Star Citizen Trailer 3.2 E3
Post at: Di 12. Jun 2018, 14:41
By /u/Anubyss01

submitted by /u/Anubyss01
[link] [comments]

Read more...

Going to the Hurston! 1.03 mln km. Star Citizen 3.1.4
Post at: Di 12. Jun 2018, 14:42
By /u/trueno7

Bild

submitted by /u/trueno7
[comments]

Read more...
Reddit SC [RSS Bot]
1 Jahr Mitglied
Nachrichten Droide

Themenersteller

BeitragBeitrag #41 von Reddit SC [RSS Bot] » Di 12. Jun 2018, 15:15

--------
Logged in Last night
Post at: Di 12. Jun 2018, 15:12
By /u/Syntality

I had hard times logging in and staying on for the start of 3.1 and subsequent patches, however last night i was able to log in and get very nice frames and no crashes. Played for hours and I actually had goals to reach.

Get New Suit

Get New Weapons

Get Armor

I logged in kinda bummed cus i got immediate crime stat for going up the lift of my connie. But through out the night i was able to meet up with some cool people via beacons, all the while doing some delivery missions i was picking up people up along the way. I was getting interdicted and yeah i had a rough go at it once with my avenger and died due to bug, but other than that i had a blast. I am actually looking forward to logging in tonight and working to get new armor.

Screen shot is me at Kareah extracting out a client who needed a lift :) -- Glad i was able to buy my SMG before i got that request!

I haven't even tried the cargo runs yet!

https://i.redd.it/7k1q7hayvk311.jpg

submitted by /u/Syntality
[link] [comments]

Read more...
Reddit SC [RSS Bot]
1 Jahr Mitglied
Nachrichten Droide

Themenersteller

BeitragBeitrag #42 von Reddit SC [RSS Bot] » Di 12. Jun 2018, 15:25

--------
Vintage photo of Drake Tonk
Post at: Di 12. Jun 2018, 15:22
By /u/codesmatodes

Bild

submitted by /u/codesmatodes
[link] [comments]

Read more...

Death stranding trailer has me hyped for exploring planets!
Post at: Di 12. Jun 2018, 15:24
By /u/CyberPunkStreetArt

Title!

Some folks find walking through vast, beautiful-yet-barren landacapes boring, but it is one of my favorite things to do. Perfect for saturday mornin gaming.

submitted by /u/CyberPunkStreetArt
[link] [comments]

Read more...
Reddit SC [RSS Bot]
1 Jahr Mitglied
Nachrichten Droide

Themenersteller

BeitragBeitrag #43 von Reddit SC [RSS Bot] » Di 12. Jun 2018, 15:30

--------
(Organization) [Fan art] universal planetary trading corp
Post at: Di 12. Jun 2018, 15:27
By /u/letsdocraic

Bild

submitted by /u/letsdocraic
[link] [comments]

Read more...
Reddit SC [RSS Bot]
1 Jahr Mitglied
Nachrichten Droide

Themenersteller

BeitragBeitrag #44 von Reddit SC [RSS Bot] » Di 12. Jun 2018, 15:40

--------
WIRe 06 || Did DRAKE just hack Calling all devs? || GTDae the Average Joe Gamer
Post at: Di 12. Jun 2018, 15:37
By /u/GTDae

Bild

submitted by /u/GTDae
[comments]

Read more...
Reddit SC [RSS Bot]
1 Jahr Mitglied
Nachrichten Droide

Themenersteller

BeitragBeitrag #45 von Reddit SC [RSS Bot] » Di 12. Jun 2018, 16:05

--------
Star citizen fan art (no gorilla this time)
Post at: Di 12. Jun 2018, 16:02
By /u/letsdocraic

Bild

submitted by /u/letsdocraic
[link] [comments]

Read more...
Reddit SC [RSS Bot]
1 Jahr Mitglied
Nachrichten Droide

Themenersteller