Danke gesagt: 0 mal
Wurde gedankt: 0 mal

Werbung

Werbung

newest submissions : starcitizen

BeitragBeitrag #17 von Reddit SC [RSS Bot] » Fr 10. Aug 2018, 07:50

Updated at: Fr 10. Aug 2018, 07:50

--------
Landed on Daymar. When I exited my ship, I got teleported here.
Post at: Fr 10. Aug 2018, 07:46
By /u/TheChancinator

Bild

submitted by /u/TheChancinator
[comments]

Read more...
Reddit SC [RSS Bot]
1 Jahr Mitglied
Nachrichten Droide

Themenersteller

BeitragBeitrag #18 von Reddit SC [RSS Bot] » Fr 10. Aug 2018, 08:15

Updated at: Fr 10. Aug 2018, 08:15

--------
Five years ago, today I pledged for this game.
Post at: Fr 10. Aug 2018, 08:14
By /u/Lazaretto

Hey Guys, I know the drama has died down a bit and this post adds fuel to the fire... Please just ignore me if you're already tired of reading by here-- I just really wanted to talk about what I expect out of this game.

So, everyone wants a perfect game. Nobody expects a perfect game. No matter what, people are disappointed and will be disappointed.

This game has gone in development for a long time. The 300i was my first ship and it didn't have a package. I soon realized my mistake and upgraded to a 325a like some kind of initiation process. It was awkward, weird and I was completely new to crowd funding. Since then, I have amassed a fleet. It's crazy. And, there's a design to it! However, I'll leave the rest of that for comments or something. Don't really want to justify why, but it's just kind of shocking and shows I really want this project to succeed.

As many know, development started in 2011 from concept. Personally, I don't have a problem with waiting five years after the game had already been in concept for two. Hell, I could probably be fine with another three-- I say that; but, It's frustrating and annoying- and, everyone that gave them money from back then have seemingly been forced to be especially patient. I hear about constant updates and future changes. It's an apparent waterfall of content that's heading our way- but, everything just seems so held back by the core tech. Nothing seems complete and it's constantly being reworked. We hear Jared talk about how they plan on building in iterations. That's precisely what they have been doing since the beginning. It suffers from "we can do it better syndrome". I like that syndrome.

The people designing, developing, testing, supporting and managing are all trying hard to create something that Chris ultimately envisions. It's supposed to be "the best damn space sim". That has to slow things down significantly for design. Every time something goes though testing it should go back to design at some point- once resources are free. Iteration does kind of slow down eventually. It depends on things like how often Chris likes to be a part of the design process and how many people ahve to sign off on it before it makes it's way up the ladder. The goal is to keep things in focus, balancing mechanics and making sure everything is engaging. We will be able to make and serve drinks to keep your passengers happy; repairing will be involving; there's going to be different fuel types for haulers to collect and offer; mining is clearly an in depth mechanic. I'm not going to go on about that; but, it certainly does go on. I want all of that. It will take seemingly forever. Unfortunately, that brings us back to the core tech like network bind culling and object container streaming. And again, everything has to happen in steps.

To get an accurate date on this game is a little more easy these days. They have a trend on revenue and a business model that has proven to work. The organization is for the most part established while constantly introducing new talent. Imagine trying to develop a tower while allowing people to reserve a condo by pre-purchasing it; then giving them access to the tower and listening to their feedback. That's what the business model seems like to me. The problem they ran into is they didn't expect to be making an eighty story tower. It was more like an eight floor idea. Over time they can get an idea of what they can offer in features by the amount of people that are interested and by metric of fat cash. They could just stop taking money and say "this is enough". It has slowed their progress after all. And, at several points the people that wanted to enjoy their condo are instead looking at their hardening concrete walls and floors- and saying, "why the fuck can I only go stand on my deck to look at the view." My point is that we're getting this huge project that blew up. Adapting to that change dynamically is not easy. There's going to be wasted money unfortunately.

Ten years to develop a product that involves a ton of R&D with multiple iterations is to be expected for me and it all starts with a good foundation and frame. It took a long time to get to this point. But once the ability to hook into that tech is established the ability to expand the core mechanics will be so much more easy to make this game last ten years with additional content. Having played Elite: Dangerous, No Mans Sky, a bit of EVE and Space Engineers, they really just feels like a precursor to a true space opera. And, that's where I'm at.

submitted by /u/Lazaretto
[link] [comments]

Read more...
Reddit SC [RSS Bot]
1 Jahr Mitglied
Nachrichten Droide

Themenersteller

BeitragBeitrag #19 von Reddit SC [RSS Bot] » Fr 10. Aug 2018, 08:30

Updated at: Fr 10. Aug 2018, 08:30

--------
A Small Plea to CIG for 3.3; Cabin Pressure
Post at: Fr 10. Aug 2018, 08:26
By /u/Bobmich

I understand very heavily how busy CIG must be with trying to hammer out the content with the deadline getting closer, but with ATV's gorgeous preview for (what I believe) was Hurston's Savannah biome, I'd like to make a plea about the current bugs with in-ship pressurization.
Currently there's a lot of ships that do not have internal atmosphere, or at best it's temperamental, sometimes being there and sometimes not. (The captain's cabin in the 600i is a good example of this)
We already know Hurston's going to be breathable; the first time we'll be able to step outside of our ships and remove our helmets without the risk of all our bodily fluids boiling rapidly. We also know that CIG has said they want a specific focus, an incentive for us to not wear our flight suits/helmets all the time. Given that we'll be able to run around freely on Hurston as such, it'd be a bit immersion breaking to have to suit up fully again because as soon as we stepped into the inside of our ships, our characters began to suffocate once more.
No more 'mining canary' physics for ship interiors please :P

submitted by /u/Bobmich
[link] [comments]

Read more...
Reddit SC [RSS Bot]
1 Jahr Mitglied
Nachrichten Droide

Themenersteller

BeitragBeitrag #20 von Reddit SC [RSS Bot] » Fr 10. Aug 2018, 08:45

Updated at: Fr 10. Aug 2018, 08:45

--------
ATV Happy Race, Ya Filthy Rover DOPAMINE (͡ ͡° ͜ つ ͡͡°)
Post at: Fr 10. Aug 2018, 08:42
By /u/giratina143

WOW , THE WEATHER!! AND PLANTS !!! AND THOSE HUGE STRUCTURES!!!!

expect a delay in dopamine next week too btw :(

enjoy:

submitted by /u/giratina143
[url=https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/964xji/atv_happy_race_ya_filthy_rover_dopamine_つ/][link][/url] [url=https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/964xji/atv_happy_race_ya_filthy_rover_dopamine_つ/][comments][/url]

[url=https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/964xji/atv_happy_race_ya_filthy_rover_dopamine_つ/]Read more...[/url]
Reddit SC [RSS Bot]
1 Jahr Mitglied
Nachrichten Droide

Themenersteller

BeitragBeitrag #21 von Reddit SC [RSS Bot] » Fr 10. Aug 2018, 10:20

--------
Return Of The Avenger | 3.2
Post at: Fr 10. Aug 2018, 10:18
By /u/TheRyanDudeMan

Bild

https://i.redd.it/kfkoe7uvg8f11.png

submitted by /u/TheRyanDudeMan
[link] [comments]

Read more...
Reddit SC [RSS Bot]
1 Jahr Mitglied
Nachrichten Droide

Themenersteller

BeitragBeitrag #22 von Reddit SC [RSS Bot] » Fr 10. Aug 2018, 10:30

--------
“Quantum travel, engaged”
Post at: Fr 10. Aug 2018, 10:29
By /u/MathiasWarden

Bild

submitted by /u/MathiasWarden
[link] [comments]

Read more...
Reddit SC [RSS Bot]
1 Jahr Mitglied
Nachrichten Droide

Themenersteller

BeitragBeitrag #23 von Reddit SC [RSS Bot] » Fr 10. Aug 2018, 10:40

--------
My first Successful Cargo Run EVER!!! Woo Hoo... Usually my game crashes or the doors glitch out on the ship.
Post at: Fr 10. Aug 2018, 10:37
By /u/bhupinho

Bild

submitted by /u/bhupinho
[comments]

Read more...
Reddit SC [RSS Bot]
1 Jahr Mitglied
Nachrichten Droide

Themenersteller

BeitragBeitrag #24 von Reddit SC [RSS Bot] » Fr 10. Aug 2018, 11:00

--------
could it compete with star citizen.
Post at: Fr 10. Aug 2018, 10:55
By /u/JoePoints

so, looking through some old game boxes I found universal combat, I bought it years ago from walmart for 10 bucks. now I find out it was created by a crazy and it makes sense that I could never get it to run at all so much that I gave up and forgot about it. has anyone actually played it? can it really compete with star citizen like its creator claims?

submitted by /u/JoePoints
[link] [comments]

Read more...
Reddit SC [RSS Bot]
1 Jahr Mitglied
Nachrichten Droide

Themenersteller

BeitragBeitrag #25 von Reddit SC [RSS Bot] » Fr 10. Aug 2018, 11:55

--------
325A vs 350R after rework
Post at: Fr 10. Aug 2018, 11:50
By /u/Margtok

So with the changes coming i wonder what the difference will be

based on the old specs i assume there wil be no cargo lift on the 350R but the pics made me wonder

anyone got any fun information of speculation ?

submitted by /u/Margtok
[link] [comments]

Read more...

Cockpit View Is Overrated 8) - (16min vid - but give it a try)
Post at: Fr 10. Aug 2018, 11:51
By /u/Dowlphin

Bild

submitted by /u/Dowlphin
[comments]

Read more...
Reddit SC [RSS Bot]
1 Jahr Mitglied
Nachrichten Droide

Themenersteller

BeitragBeitrag #26 von Reddit SC [RSS Bot] » Fr 10. Aug 2018, 12:40

--------
Questions about the 300-series rework.
Post at: Fr 10. Aug 2018, 12:38
By /u/Auhrii

So what with the new models, cargo lift and whatnot being showed for the 300i pass, I think it's safe to say it's getting the complete redesign treatment. However, I still have a few questions regarding the Q4 update:

• Will the design pass be for all the 300-series ships? The roadmap states "300i" and I'm not sure if that's a clerical error or if only the 300i is getting it in Q4.
  • Do we know how pressurisation will work for the 300-series? It seems odd that a luxury ship would be subject to full depressurisation when, say, an Avenger keeps the quarters separated from the cargo area.
  • Will the 315p get a tea kettle? I'll also settle for a coffee machine.
submitted by /u/Auhrii
[link] [comments]

Read more...
Reddit SC [RSS Bot]
1 Jahr Mitglied
Nachrichten Droide

Themenersteller

BeitragBeitrag #27 von Reddit SC [RSS Bot] » Fr 10. Aug 2018, 13:25

--------
CitizenCon is 2 months from now, what are your predictions?
Post at: Fr 10. Aug 2018, 13:21
By /u/SeconddayTV

Hey citizens! In just 2 months from now the most exciting event of the year (in terms of Star Citizen) will hopefully once again blow our minds! What do you guys expect or predict to see in this years presentation? Which location(s)? Which new gameplay mechanics? Really excited to hear what your predictions are! :D

submitted by /u/SeconddayTV
[link] [comments]

Read more...
Reddit SC [RSS Bot]
1 Jahr Mitglied
Nachrichten Droide

Themenersteller

BeitragBeitrag #28 von Reddit SC [RSS Bot] » Fr 10. Aug 2018, 13:55

Updated at: Fr 10. Aug 2018, 13:55

--------
300i -Open her up...
Post at: Fr 10. Aug 2018, 13:50
By /u/JSONE10

Bild

submitted by /u/JSONE10
[link] [comments]

Read more...
Reddit SC [RSS Bot]
1 Jahr Mitglied
Nachrichten Droide

Themenersteller

BeitragBeitrag #29 von Reddit SC [RSS Bot] » Fr 10. Aug 2018, 14:20

--------
Would you be more happy with the development process if the game DIDN'T have basically unlimited money?
Post at: Fr 10. Aug 2018, 14:13
By /u/scoldi

I got the game package as a birthday gift from my friends back in 2016. After launching the hangar module and seeing a slideshow of tanked fps and a highpoly metal thing in the center, I had a quite reasonable question: "So, where's the gameplay?". The Crusader mode didn't help either. After some time trying to spawn my ship, I bravely gave up. Investigating the issue of not having anything to do inside the game, I moved on to reading promotional materials and watching Chris's pitches about a game beyond every imaginable boundary, with more features than ever before.

"Alright", I thought to myself, "I probably should wait a bit, since this seems like a very early version and none of the features mentioned here are developed yet". Although my mind was puzzled with how a game can still be essentially pre-Alpha after 4 years spent in development, I shrugged it off and moved on with my life.

I decided to visit SC again after seeing a Youtube video about the game in my recommendations. Remembering the game's promises, I rushed to install the client again to maybe gaze at some of the wonders of the great multi-million-dollar project.

After playing around a few hours in Crusader, I started to get a sneaking suspicion that nothing has changed, essentially. The game's performance seemed as dreadful as before, and the gameplay on offer seemed as either a way buggier Elite:Dangerous or as a way buggier (and duller) generic first-person shooter game. While the framerate issue can be solved by setting the graphics settings lower, but the main issue of not having anything interesting (other than looking at space vistas and other 3d modelling/animation showcases) to do remains. After 5.5 years.

Despite having myriades of videos on the YT channel about the development process, the features seem scarce and hard to find and enjoy. It's almost like more effort is put into promotion and selling new ship packages than into development. I understand that bringing such an enormous project to life is no simple task, and that spawned a thought: "If not for the millions of dollars of crowdfunded money, they would actually have produced a playable game, and not an overpriced benchmark." Personally, I would rather have a finished product on my hands rather than promises of a wondrous project that is not scheduled in any way and does not have a defined feature list. Without such clarity it is almost impossible to estimate when the game will come out and if it even will.

Having said all that, I would like to know this community's general opinion:

What's better: a humble, but working product after a reasonable amount of time in your hands; or an enormous pre-alpha stress test that seems to promise too much and deliver too little in the sky(that you also can't refund now for some reason)?

submitted by /u/scoldi
[link] [comments]

Read more...

[Unpopular Opinion] I like the new ATV format
Post at: Fr 10. Aug 2018, 14:14
By /u/tiredOwlpilot

I like the new format, its short, to the point, and relevant.

Baller.

submitted by /u/tiredOwlpilot
[link] [comments]

Read more...
Reddit SC [RSS Bot]
1 Jahr Mitglied
Nachrichten Droide

Themenersteller

BeitragBeitrag #30 von Reddit SC [RSS Bot] » Fr 10. Aug 2018, 14:40

Updated at: Fr 10. Aug 2018, 14:40

--------
X56 making my ship go 50% throttle when I press "F" Discussion Today at 11:54 am
Post at: Fr 10. Aug 2018, 14:38
By /u/Paters0on

I posted this first on Spectrum, but got no answers so I try here ! :)

Original post:

As the title said, when I'm in any ship using my HOTAS and I press "F" (I think there are other keys doing the same result but I didn't verify), my ship instantly goes to 50% throttle and the funny thing is that it doesn't show on the throttle bar.. If I then change throttle value (using keyboard or HOTAS), everything goes back to normal.
This is particularly annoying when I'm at stop and I want to use the MFDs or any buttons/trigger in the cockpit (e.g. for landing).
This doesn't happen when I disconnect my HOTAS.
Is it a known bug ? and is there a workaround if it is the case ?
Thanks in advance

PS: same thing happen if I use the MG in the cockpit.

submitted by /u/Paters0on
[link] [comments]

Read more...
Reddit SC [RSS Bot]
1 Jahr Mitglied
Nachrichten Droide

Themenersteller

Werbung

Werbung

VorherigeNächste