newest submissions : starcitizen

Alles über das Star Citizen Universum

BeitragBeitrag #16 von Reddit SC [RSS Bot] » Di 14. Mai 2019, 07:15

--------
EMP reflexes
Post at: Di 14. Mai 2019, 07:13
By /u/Fade78

Yesterday I was EMPed then confused; my ship was destroyed.

So I give you advice to react quickly.

If you hear like an explosion and your screens shut down, it's not a bug or a damaged power plant, it's a EMP strike.

Don't wait that your ship power on again. It will not recover by itself. You have to switch it on yourself.

I wish I knew all of this because I lost ten seconds to figure out what happened and how to react. As a result my entire crew, myself, and a brand new Hammerhead were owned by an Avenger Warlock.

Peace out.

submitted by /u/Fade78
[link] [comments]

Read more...
Reddit SC [RSS Bot]
2 Jahre Mitglied2 Jahre Mitglied
Nachrichten Droide

Themenersteller
Danke gesagt: 0 mal
Wurde gedankt: 0 mal

Werbung

Werbung

BeitragBeitrag #17 von Reddit SC [RSS Bot] » Di 14. Mai 2019, 07:50

--------
Travel Time WITHOUT QD...
Post at: Di 14. Mai 2019, 07:46
By /u/Snarfbuckle

So, what is the travel time in regular time with an Avenger Titan between planets.

The distance between ArcCorp and PO is approximately 34 billion kilometers.

The Avenger titan can move at 1115 M/s

Which means it would take the Avenger titan 8500 hours or 352 DAYS to reach ArcCorp.

Let's round it down to a year flat.

submitted by /u/Snarfbuckle
[link] [comments]

Read more...
Reddit SC [RSS Bot]
Nachrichten Droide

Themenersteller

BeitragBeitrag #18 von Reddit SC [RSS Bot] » Di 14. Mai 2019, 07:55

--------
Star Citizen 3.5 ❤ | Convoy under Attack help me pls ✌️ | Let'sPlay ✌️
Post at: Di 14. Mai 2019, 07:52
By /u/Fhexy

submitted by /u/Fhexy
[link] [comments]

Read more...
Reddit SC [RSS Bot]
Nachrichten Droide

Themenersteller

BeitragBeitrag #19 von Reddit SC [RSS Bot] » Di 14. Mai 2019, 08:05

--------
Crusader under my blade
Post at: Di 14. Mai 2019, 08:04
By /u/Eulkeke

Bild

submitted by /u/Eulkeke
[link] [comments]

Read more...
Reddit SC [RSS Bot]
Nachrichten Droide

Themenersteller

BeitragBeitrag #20 von Reddit SC [RSS Bot] » Di 14. Mai 2019, 08:35

--------
Gundam Wing vibes
Post at: Di 14. Mai 2019, 08:33
By /u/HardKnockFocus

Bild

submitted by /u/HardKnockFocus
[link] [comments]

Read more...
Reddit SC [RSS Bot]
Nachrichten Droide

Themenersteller

BeitragBeitrag #21 von Reddit SC [RSS Bot] » Di 14. Mai 2019, 09:25

Updated at: Di 14. Mai 2019, 09:25

--------
Can't we also get something like an FAQ?
Post at: Di 14. Mai 2019, 09:22
By /u/deathsservant

Hey all,

While I do enjoy this sub, seeing and trying to answer the same questions on a weekly or even daily rotation gets tiresome.

A Q&A thread is indeed a great idea to have to reduce spam, but it's the same questions over and over again.

Why not sticky a mod FAQ with something like:

• No, we don't know when the next sale is. There's always one in november.
  • Travel times are long, yes, but you are using a) a starter ship and b) will not need to travel all over the place once the gameplay is finished/closer to being finished.
  • Warbond means you have to buy the package with new cash, not store credit.
  • LTI is just a convenience, and you cannot loose ships for good that you have purchased with real money.
  • Any webcam with 60fps and at least 720p will do for FOIP
  • Yes, there's a roadmap where you can check out what's planned for the next year: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/roadmap/board/1-Star-Citizen
  • Squadron 42 and Star Citizen are interdependend, and once SQ42 is done, we will see lots of stuff carry over to SC.
  • Wipes will be occurring until we are in open beta / release (might be longer between future wipes though, as stated by Chris himself)
  • Yes, you will be able to buy every ship ingame once the game is actually done
  • This is not a game yet and you are not a player/consumer, but a tester. Give feedback on the development and report bugs. If you don't want that and want to experience a polished game, you will have to wait a few more years.

Can you guys think of more questions that maybe should be stickied? I know that FAQs aren't the catch-all solution to every users problem or question, but I personally get really tired of seeing the same 10 questions on repeat.

Your thoughts?

submitted by /u/deathsservant
[link] [comments]

Read more...
Reddit SC [RSS Bot]
Nachrichten Droide

Themenersteller

BeitragBeitrag #22 von Reddit SC [RSS Bot] » Di 14. Mai 2019, 09:40

--------
How does this upgrade work?
Post at: Di 14. Mai 2019, 09:39
By /u/smoggybadger1

Bild

submitted by /u/smoggybadger1
[link] [comments]

Read more...
Reddit SC [RSS Bot]
Nachrichten Droide

Themenersteller

BeitragBeitrag #23 von Reddit SC [RSS Bot] » Di 14. Mai 2019, 10:35

Updated at: Di 14. Mai 2019, 10:35

--------
NEO DRIFT is a new fly-by / drift /video community on Star Citizen
Post at: Di 14. Mai 2019, 10:34
By /u/Neo-Drift

submitted by /u/Neo-Drift
[link] [comments]

Read more...
Reddit SC [RSS Bot]
Nachrichten Droide

Themenersteller

BeitragBeitrag #24 von Reddit SC [RSS Bot] » Di 14. Mai 2019, 11:05

Updated at: Di 14. Mai 2019, 11:05

--------
NEO DRIFT is a new fly-by / drift /video community on Star Citizen
Post at: Di 14. Mai 2019, 11:01
By /u/Neo-Drift

Bild

submitted by /u/Neo-Drift
[link] [comments]

Read more...

And so my journey begins!
Post at: Di 14. Mai 2019, 11:05
By /u/barret_t

Bild

submitted by /u/barret_t
[link] [comments]

Read more...
Reddit SC [RSS Bot]
Nachrichten Droide

Themenersteller

BeitragBeitrag #25 von Reddit SC [RSS Bot] » Di 14. Mai 2019, 11:25

--------
Read,y Se,t Go!
Post at: Di 14. Mai 2019, 11:22
By /u/sobural

Bild

submitted by /u/sobural
[link] [comments]

Read more...
Reddit SC [RSS Bot]
Nachrichten Droide

Themenersteller

BeitragBeitrag #26 von Reddit SC [RSS Bot] » Di 14. Mai 2019, 11:45

--------
Dear CIG, help me to advertise the game
Post at: Di 14. Mai 2019, 11:44
By /u/Chrueterkraft

Dear CIG
I'm super excited about your game (especially about the PU) and I'm really looking forward to play this game with all my friends. I'm a 32 years old bank analyst and MMORPG addict with 50-60k+ hours in MMORPGs (mainly wow) and Real Time Strategy Lover, following this project for years and trying hard to advertise the game for you. Just please: Make it a little easier for your player base to advertise the game. Around 90% of all my online and RL-friends do not want to join the project yet because there is nothing to do TOGETHER. I know that you are working on a mission system to share with other players but please make absolutely sure the system works properly and it releases soon, very soon.

I can be very convincing but right now my hands are tied because nearly every opportunity to advertise the game ends in the same way: They ask me what kind of stuff we can do and if we can share the same missions. I always have to answer with a sad NO, there is no Multi Mission System and the game is not providing any valuable Multiplayer Game Play Loops at the moment. Needless to say, I'm always trying to explain that the game is still in development but like you know.. that's not helping at all..

Without Multi Mission Systems and no effective MP Gameplay Loops I'm simply condemned to wait until something changes. I was a big guild owner back in the good old days of WoW with over 500 active Guildmembers and I still have a many many gamer friends waiting for a new big game to drop.

CIG, please help me to make Star Citizen their new home o7 (game) . I'm 100% sure that adding a MP Mission System and MP Gameplay Loops would help A LOT to expand your player base faster as you would have ever expected. All nerds, cracks and flight addicts have already joined the project or have knowledge about the game. Let the community help you and make those 46 mil. $ even more worth to spend.

Much love and all the best to the whole team around the world, you guys are doing a fantastic job. All my hope lies in you.

submitted by /u/Chrueterkraft
[link] [comments]

Read more...
Reddit SC [RSS Bot]
Nachrichten Droide

Themenersteller

BeitragBeitrag #27 von Reddit SC [RSS Bot] » Di 14. Mai 2019, 14:55

--------
[ASYLUM] Star Citizen Podcast Ep #61 - The Tumbril Ranger | Missfires | 3.5 | ISC | SCL
Post at: Di 14. Mai 2019, 14:52
By /u/Littlebitofmadness

Bild

submitted by /u/Littlebitofmadness
[comments]

Read more...

If I buy a Taurus now, will I get another Connie for now?
Post at: Di 14. Mai 2019, 14:54
By /u/StormageddonTMS

So my friend bought a Ranger RC, which is a concept ship so he can’t get it in game yet, and he got a Cyclone in game. So I was wondering if the same goes for the other non-flight-ready ships.

submitted by /u/StormageddonTMS
[link] [comments]

Read more...
Reddit SC [RSS Bot]
Nachrichten Droide

Themenersteller

BeitragBeitrag #28 von Reddit SC [RSS Bot] » Di 14. Mai 2019, 15:15

--------
Playing Hide & Seek in the Verse - this NPC has won
Post at: Di 14. Mai 2019, 15:14
By /u/John_Way

Bild

submitted by /u/John_Way
[link] [comments]

Read more...
Reddit SC [RSS Bot]
Nachrichten Droide

Themenersteller

BeitragBeitrag #29 von Reddit SC [RSS Bot] » Di 14. Mai 2019, 15:30

Updated at: Di 14. Mai 2019, 15:30

--------
Keeping variety in component choice
Post at: Di 14. Mai 2019, 15:26
By /u/Godinthekiller

Currently with the way that CIG has done the implementation of components in terms of ships, it's made it to where ships are being ham-stringed into "classes", similar to how CIG has also begun to further lean on designing and redesigning ships into pigeonholed classes (which is a whole other story for another day). Considering that, for one the $65 million stretch goal, and that in general, it is just good practice to give players with as much freedom as reasonably possible, I'd say that this is a bad move. However, unlike a lot of things, like how the current implementation of QT travel just doesn't make sense, and can be fixed with adjustments to the QT itself (which you can see my explanation on such here: https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/bmji6t/travel_times_with_math/ ), this at least makes sense why they are doing it.

Take the Hornet vs. the Sabre. The Sabre is meant to be more stealthy than the Hornet, even if you configure it to be a Ghost (assuming that you can still do that without getting a Ghost), the Sabre should be, for all intents and purposes, still be able to hide away more easily. Assuming that components are like 80% what you would look to when looking at signature, with the remaining being size, and additionally that they are about the same size cross-section wise, meaning that the difference in balance is marginal, this would mean that the Hornet, for all intents and purposes, would be better suited just in general for any situation over the Sabre, by virtue of being able to more easily outfit itself to do more than just be a stealth fighter, and thus should be balanced upon.

This is the argument used for the arbitrary designs given to things like the Valkyrie (and I assume the Ranger too), and in the same vein, it's the argument used for why the ships are restricted component wise to classes. But, in both cases, I think that's the wrong way of looking at it. In this thread, I'm going to do components, and then use the argument estblished here to address the ship/vehicle design in another, sometime later.

Anyways

The problem with the current implementation of components is that it highly restricts the amount of control the player could have with their ship compared to before, which was a restriction of grade based on what classes your ship is meant to use (ex: a Hurricane wouldn't be able to use A class stealth components). I have problems with this too, but it's at least better than cutting off an entire class form a ship. In an ideal environment, Every ship would have its supreme niche, and would perform better than others in that niche (ex: Sabre is the best stealth fighter, and anything trying to emulate it in competition, so a dogfight, assuming equal player skill and a clean slate for both ships, the Sabre should win out), but other ships could preform that role with a proper fitting, and be situationally as good, perhaps even better (ex: an Arrow puts on a solid stealth fit, sneaks up on a Sabre, and puts it out of commission).

To get to this ideal environment, a limiter of some sort would need to be put in place still, yet this limiter can't restrict component usage arbitrarily. After playing a few other games, I've come up with this idea:

A special little box (name subject to change, but for comedic sake, this concept will be until further notice be referred to as such).

This special little box would be a new component that interacts with a ship in 3 different ways, which would be our limiter:

[*]It gives the profile of classes that the ship should be efficient in (I'll explain this later).
[*]It manages powergrid throughout the ship, to all other components, but will not let the ship go over this limit (in normal circumstances) so that the ship's powergrid won't be damaged (think of this part like a fuse box).
[*]It manages the information flow throughout the ship, to and from all other components, and has a cap of bandwidth (this of this like a motherboard).
[/list]

Additionally, with the above, every other component would get two new stats: electric flow, and needed bandwidth, and these stats are only in effect when the component itself is turned online (this will be important later). Also, as a side note, every ship gets their own special little box, with their own specific profile; this includes variants (also important for later).

Time to come full circle

So, what does this special little box actually accomplish? Well, three-fold:

• It gives CIG a tool to make a balancing profile for ships. Take the Sabre again. iirc, its classes are military and stealth, so the special little box for a baseline Sabre would get efficiency bonuses to those classes of equipment, namely being that the usage of the new stats are lower (so just for example, you have a military shield that takes up 15 MW of power and needs 15 GB/s of bandwidth, but seeing as they are both in the supported classes of your special little box, it get a 20% efficiency bonus, so now that same shield only takes up 12 and 12 of the respective stats). This would mean that they can now effective way to keep certain ships in the top of their class in a certain aspect.
  • CIG would be then creating a system where a person could (and due to skill ceiling, would) set up their entire situation by how they fit themselves. For instance, a person could be running Military shields on a Sabre that would put them over the powergrid, but otherwise have fitted themselves to be in Stealth components. Due to the fact that shields are one of the most signature producing components on a ship, this would massively lower their signature, effectively making them invisible (in this situation anyways), and be able to sneak in, do a gun run on a target, disable some other components on the ship (let's say the guns), turn on the shields, and burn out of there, having really good protection for the "run" part of the mission.
  • This would give players the ability to experiment with loadouts that they otherwise wouldn't be able to, as well as opens up the gates to having ships run vastly different loadouts (It could also create a subset of tuners who literally makes ship and vehicle loadouts for missions, sort of like F1 engineers, or Q from 007), as well as significantly raising the possible skill ceiling, depending on the situation.

This also opens a pandora's box of fun, as you could do things like create ways to manipulate the way these special little boxes are used. As I noted elsewhere in the post, there's two additional things you could do to spice these up even more, and I'm adding a third with them:

[*]You could allow for hackers to break the electrical limit (make this a challenging task to do), and thus allows you to push as much power into the system as you wish. This however could lead to major issues (like for instance your powerplant dumping out way too much power than what it can handle, and blowing up in the process, or your coolers rapidly decay when you push them harder than they should be (say for instance you're in a race and you need the afterburner to go longer than usual to get you into first place).
[*]Not only can variants swap their special little boxes, but you could create other special little boxes for these hulls, with other effects, or be a "higher grade" of special little box that has higher efficiencies or other effects (ex: has a special device that allows for "random" electricity in the system to be captured and stored, or released to prevent damage
[*]These special little boxes can be slightly upgraded themselves with sub components, in the same way that other components can be.
[/list]

Now, to address computers (because I know someone here is going to talk about them): As far as I know, the purpose of computers is to analyze, store, and transmit data of the ship, and data collected from the ship. This isn't that. This is more or less a management unit (and no, I'm not naming the special little box MU, because that's a dumb name ) for the ship, a separate entity (although, if they can't physically implement this, I'd say that this idea should be incorporated into the computer).

That's pretty much all I got. Discuss.

Blub

submitted by /u/Godinthekiller
[link] [comments]

Read more...

19,000 people are still dedicated to buying concept ships was my rough estimates from the last sale.
Post at: Di 14. Mai 2019, 15:27
By /u/deathbyjessa

333,000 dollars raised before and similar afterwards with some simple x 2 and dividing to 35.

666,000 divided by 35 dollars is around 19,000 backers rough estimate, if you include some people who bought packs or two bikes it might be around 16000 dedicated players who like to keep buying stuff.

submitted by /u/deathbyjessa
[link] [comments]

Read more...
Reddit SC [RSS Bot]
Nachrichten Droide

Themenersteller

BeitragBeitrag #30 von Reddit SC [RSS Bot] » Di 14. Mai 2019, 16:15

Updated at: Di 14. Mai 2019, 16:15

--------
Economics Vs Ship Prices
Post at: Di 14. Mai 2019, 16:13
By /u/TheJayde

So, I'm looking at the value of missions. The gains from trade in my Connie. Im looking at some of the high value ships (like a connie) and I'm thinking that the prices are pretty high for the aUEC of the missions. It would take me something near 250 missions to afford a Connie, assuming Im doing the higher value missions.

So I guess I'm wondering... how are we going to be making big enough money to afford something really big like the Hammerhead? That bad boy would take me like 3,000 missions at their current cost.

Keep in mind, I'm relatively new, so I don't know all of the things yet. I'm hoping that there are things I'm missing right now.

Thanks in advance for the info.

submitted by /u/TheJayde
[link] [comments]

Read more...
Reddit SC [RSS Bot]
Nachrichten Droide

Themenersteller

Werbung

Werbung