Willkommen auf Sith'ari. Hier klicken zum registrieren

newest submissions : starcitizen

Alles über das Star Citizen Universum

BeitragBeitrag #31 von Reddit SC [RSS Bot] » Di 10. Sep 2019, 18:05

--------
Why cant I get in this ship, Am I doing something wrong here?
Post at: Di 10. Sep 2019, 18:02
By /u/Canarsi

Bild

submitted by /u/Canarsi
[link] [comments]

Read more...

Yeah Lyria is definitely one of my favorite moons to be on!
Post at: Di 10. Sep 2019, 18:03
By /u/NivekIyak

Bild

submitted by /u/NivekIyak
[link] [comments]

Read more...
Reddit SC [RSS Bot]
2 Jahre Mitglied2 Jahre Mitglied
Nachrichten Droide

Themenersteller
Danke gesagt: 0 mal
Wurde gedankt: 0 mal

Werbung

Werbung

BeitragBeitrag #32 von Reddit SC [RSS Bot] » Di 10. Sep 2019, 18:10

--------
An idea for server char movement prediction + animation system with abstract momentum system (unsure if already something used anywhere, or even being something possible as I imagine it)
Post at: Di 10. Sep 2019, 18:05
By /u/HumbrolUser

I was watching a Star Citizen youtube video about PVP combat with lots of players in it, and I started thinking about some old idea I had about an improved character movement system for both improving changes in body movement to look more realistic, and improving netcode issues (the way I vaguely imagine it might work). Albeit, the following is more about this perhaps too-vague idea for a gain in server cpu performance, than thinking of anything clever about trying to make the animation system demand less of the server cpu for calculating things.

I am no programmer so please take the following with the proverbial grain of salt and please indulge me in not really knowing any netcode or knowing how server side cpu processing actually is used to handle player character action/movments in a multiplayer game.

1) So, imagine there to be basic rules for a server cpu player movement calculations on a world map, and now imagine how every now and then (repeatedly or reocurring) certain types of calls for computations per time-period-increments are dropped as a potential server load, because the server cpu instead decide to work with a prediction of your future/next movement action as opposed to fully re-calculate it. The benefit would be about relying on the server working with a PREDICTION of how to best calculate player movement (perhaps similar to cpu thread calculation preditions? nothing I know much about to be honest, just sort of sounded perhaps similar to my own vague idea). This way, I imagine that you could improve overall server performance of calculating lots of players moving around, by the server cpu working with predictions for every indivudual player char movement and thus, asssuming everybody aren't doing the entirely different things all the time that warrant a full calculation as opposed to work with a prediction. If everybody instead do different things all the time, instead of gaining server cpu performance by making predictions, server cpu performance will get an overall performance improvement, or simply coping with the existing server load, still by incorporating a slight delay in the character animation system. Basically, in the time it takes for your char to stop running and come to a halt, your game client is only allowed to spam the server with whatever action that makes sense at the time, and so basically your character won't be allowed to suddenly do some other abrupt thing, because the animation system have your body locked into "an abstract/simplified momentum space" that expects your player char to first complete your body movement before allowing you to even do other things. Whether or not something like this can work with a myriad of player char actions, I have not thought about yet; (like running + turning your head, or running + switching weapon, or walking + opening some gadget you already hold in your hand).

So, if your player char is thought to be already running forwards: In imagining the server working continuously over time through its clock cycles, probably handling cpu work threads or some equivalent, the server automatically predicts and hold you to be running still and running in the same direction. Then, server side calculations of this character will prepare such a data transmission to player clients(UDP?) of player position/player data of you running still with perhaps (overall for all players involved) less server side cpu computations involved, while (overall) saving time to use server work load capability for calculating other types of player actions that has been confirmed to the server to be conflicting with the server's established prediction for any one player movement/action at any time, thus lessening server side lag in computations of what is going on at any point in time (presumably some stuff is queued causing an ingame performance issue across all game clients). And in the event of a player char was suddendly made to come to a halt by the player, the server would already have stored a prediction of you running forwards still and waiting as long as it can for your game client to have confirmed that same player char action, and now the general idea here; is that in having the server suddenly receiving a player char action/movment that isn't predicted, the server then has to set aside some time to compute the new state of things for all relevant players around, and so.. then having a more elaborate animation system would as I see it, be used to give the server a little more time to work with all things for all relevant players around, and the server I imagine would be more capable handling its workload as long as it either predicted correctly your future movement while spending very little cpu work in figuring that out, allowing server side cpu to have more time/resources handling regular player positioning/action/interaction. This type of idea, is I imagine, would be counter intuitive for developers, as my vague understanding of this whole idea here expects overall server performance gains, but partly from working with a more complicated character animation system that disallow abrupt movements and instead try to maintain body momentum in a non-physicalized way (read: a more abstract system that isn't based on anything like physics collition computations with a game using player char animations). Having said that I have no idea of how optimized the flow of data is in MMO games for handling lots of player movement/action, presumably, there is SOME queued delay for handling all the char's which could be improved on. Presumably some kind of collision detection is needed re. player vs environment, frequently as one is expected to bump into a wall and come to a stop, but not running through the wall, but such a collision detection is perhaps not necessary all the time (assuming there aren't game breaking cheats or other wacky things that might happen as a consequence of not properly handling collision detection in ways.)

(Btw, World of tanks have their tank turret barrels not being checked for collision, a shortcut they made, although they didn't argue about performance, they dared to claim that players would be annoyed or something to that effect I recall having read, unsure what WoTgained by simplifying their turrets that way, if it really was a potential performance issue, or perhaps not.)

2) In order for pt. 1 to work as I imagine it, there has to be a sort of movement system on two or more levels. "Levels" understood as a differentialted level at which a particular TYPE of character movement action is handled by a server, such that, a highly predictable TYPE of player-movement-action, like keep-running-forwards-still, is resolved internally by server cpu in a simplified manner as soon as expected in the sense of being super optimized by preparing an outcome that uses the predicted player action e.g keep running forwards until the server has this confirmed by the player client or is faced with a conflicting client side player action call; while calls for player movement actions that are of a higher level/tier, those client side calls incur the server to prioritize the newly required calculation to make use of any possible gain in performance due to working with predicitons in general. The way I imagine it, instead of having a server just continuously processing concurrent client calls for player char movement/action, the server is involved with working with INCREMENTAL updates as opposed to concurrent ones, which works by having pauses made by either making a simple prediciton for player activity, OR, for having pauses for having an animation system that by itself takes some extra time to play out, and changes to player char movements would look a lot more natural because the slight-delay-inducing-animation-system would try to show a more natural momentum to the human body (and possibly other things, as opposed to a pure collision dectetion calculation from say as something simple as an item falling off a ledge and onto the ground. Just because collition detection is perhaps required, it doesn't mean (perhaps?) that the server has to stress out and try calculate the collision check with EVERY screen frame update, or some sensible increment in cpu cycle, or fraction of a second. Presumably, there are bad things happening in games that is based on having things happen based on one's frames per second rate, maybe just a console thing, not something I would know.

3) So, as for the movement actions themselves, instead of simply having generic movement animations, I imagine you could have an animation system where body momentum is maintained to some degree, but without being physicalized as if trying to calculate momentum as a computed physicalized value (read: as if being a pure collision object with momentum calculated for it, instead there is an abstraction with forced time delay to any single animated movemen for it to play out properly), instead, one would rely on the ASSUMED or IMPLIED momentum by simply using player character movement that are more refined: e.g changing from standing still to walking forwards, changing from already running forwards to wanting to run to some other direction which would require char animation one to first slow down the char body. Even turning one's head would have a slight momentum/delay to it, if only realistically taking some time to turn one's head, so a head isn't allowed to turn 180 (or 360 if also body is turning 180) in a split second because one rotate one's mouse quickly if moving one's head (assuming ofc that head rotations are visible between players and not just your own).

I haven't slep on this, and I will simply assume that basic server handling of player character movements are NOT "push-pull system" like the node system in Maya software (selective updating of nodes pr frame updated on screen) but perhaps one for sake of improved netcode, could work with a simplified stream of data combined with sort of allowing the game to slow down CHANGES to individual character movement actions, in the sense of allowing a character's body/figure/mass to properly maintain a more relistic momentum vs mass as opposed to supernatural speed, and thus avoid simply moving about every which way as the player pressed the WASD keyboard, which also probably includes running diagonaly if pressing A + W at the same time for example. Note, another way of moving around, other than WASD keys are probably moving forwards with W key, while dicatating your direction using your mouse to change the directon you are looking.

Uh, lastly, I guess I should point out that desync issues is a thing in multiplayer games, which creates chaos player client side, with maybe random forced disconnects and players seeing weird things happening on screen, maybe leading to car collisions, cars driving past another car on a road, as if the two vehicles drove too close AT THE SAME TIME to each other according to the server, while everything looked ok on your own screen driving one of the cars.

I've fully re-read this text for typos and made improvements a couple of times now. :| Probably a good idea.

submitted by /u/HumbrolUser
[link] [comments]

Read more...

Where the big boys at? Part 2
Post at: Di 10. Sep 2019, 18:08
By /u/Eldeon85

Bild

submitted by /u/Eldeon85
[link] [comments]

Read more...
Reddit SC [RSS Bot]
Nachrichten Droide

Themenersteller

BeitragBeitrag #33 von Reddit SC [RSS Bot] » Di 10. Sep 2019, 18:15

--------
Things be gettin weird around Loreville.
Post at: Di 10. Sep 2019, 18:10
By /u/Imadethistosaythis19

Bild

submitted by /u/Imadethistosaythis19
[link] [comments]

Read more...
Reddit SC [RSS Bot]
Nachrichten Droide

Themenersteller

BeitragBeitrag #34 von Reddit SC [RSS Bot] » Di 10. Sep 2019, 18:25

--------
My body has fleeted
Post at: Di 10. Sep 2019, 18:21
By /u/Wragah

Bild

submitted by /u/Wragah
[link] [comments]

Read more...

Looking for Questions: Star Citizen Live - All Things Flyable
Post at: Di 10. Sep 2019, 18:24
By /u/Pie_Is_Better

Bild

submitted by /u/Pie_Is_Better
[link] [comments]

Read more...
Reddit SC [RSS Bot]
Nachrichten Droide

Themenersteller

BeitragBeitrag #35 von Reddit SC [RSS Bot] » Di 10. Sep 2019, 18:35

--------
Ive noticed Star Citizen isnt really taxing my GPU, but Im only seeing like 40-90 FPS.
Post at: Di 10. Sep 2019, 18:34
By /u/Oddzball

SO I have a Ryzen 2700x and a RTX 2080 Ti(32 Gigs of RAM. Is there any way to get a better framerate? I get like 30-40 FPS on Hurston, in the 30s on ArcCorp, but the game is barely taxing the GPU and CPU at like 30-40%. Is this just server limited to like 30-ish FPS at this point? In like space etc, yeah I get 50+ FPS mostly, but whats the limiting factor on planets?

submitted by /u/Oddzball
[link] [comments]

Read more...
Reddit SC [RSS Bot]
Nachrichten Droide

Themenersteller

BeitragBeitrag #36 von Reddit SC [RSS Bot] » Di 10. Sep 2019, 19:00

--------
Abbandoned Grim-Ex can be very dangerous
Post at: Di 10. Sep 2019, 18:58
By /u/Drevar0

Bild

submitted by /u/Drevar0
[link] [comments]

Read more...
Reddit SC [RSS Bot]
Nachrichten Droide

Themenersteller

BeitragBeitrag #37 von Reddit SC [RSS Bot] » Di 10. Sep 2019, 19:05

--------
I faught the Law, and I won
Post at: Di 10. Sep 2019, 19:01
By /u/Rage4Me_SC

Bild

submitted by /u/Rage4Me_SC
[link] [comments]

Read more...
Reddit SC [RSS Bot]
Nachrichten Droide

Themenersteller

BeitragBeitrag #38 von Reddit SC [RSS Bot] » Di 10. Sep 2019, 19:15

--------
Is it possible to spawn the 890j with a ship in the hangar ?
Post at: Di 10. Sep 2019, 19:11
By /u/Soundslikecake

Hello citizens. If it is possible and you tell how to do it, i'll give you a candy for the tip.

submitted by /u/Soundslikecake
[link] [comments]

Read more...
Reddit SC [RSS Bot]
Nachrichten Droide

Themenersteller

BeitragBeitrag #39 von Reddit SC [RSS Bot] » Di 10. Sep 2019, 19:50

--------
When your friend ran into trouble and got no more Quantum fuel to go back.. let give him a ride shall we?
Post at: Di 10. Sep 2019, 19:47
By /u/bcfreddy19

Bild

submitted by /u/bcfreddy19
[link] [comments]

Read more...

My favorite shot of the 890 so far (4K)
Post at: Di 10. Sep 2019, 19:47
By /u/SaraCaterina

Bild

submitted by /u/SaraCaterina
[link] [comments]

Read more...
Reddit SC [RSS Bot]
Nachrichten Droide

Themenersteller

BeitragBeitrag #40 von Reddit SC [RSS Bot] » Di 10. Sep 2019, 19:55

--------
VR star citizen
Post at: Di 10. Sep 2019, 19:52
By /u/bcfreddy19

Finally got to play SC 3.6.2 in VR Glad that vorpx work well. It like watching a movie in 3D but you're the main actor.

submitted by /u/bcfreddy19
[link] [comments]

Read more...

Buy a HoloSpray
Post at: Di 10. Sep 2019, 19:52
By /u/Drevar0

Bild

submitted by /u/Drevar0
[link] [comments]

Read more...
Reddit SC [RSS Bot]
Nachrichten Droide

Themenersteller

BeitragBeitrag #41 von Reddit SC [RSS Bot] » Di 10. Sep 2019, 20:00

Updated at: Di 10. Sep 2019, 20:00

--------
Can’t wait for them to add animals
Post at: Di 10. Sep 2019, 19:59
By /u/777quin777

I’m so excited to be on my way to a bunker raid when all of a sudden ALIEN BEAR ATTACK! It’ll be great y’know? Plus it’ll be another reason to ride instead of walk.

submitted by /u/777quin777
[link] [comments]

Read more...
Reddit SC [RSS Bot]
Nachrichten Droide

Themenersteller

BeitragBeitrag #42 von Reddit SC [RSS Bot] » Di 10. Sep 2019, 20:35

Updated at: Di 10. Sep 2019, 20:35

--------
Found a giant patch of green with multiple small and big lakes on Hurston (Visit OM-1 in daylight to see for yourself)
Post at: Di 10. Sep 2019, 20:32
By /u/faselbaum

Bild

submitted by /u/faselbaum
[link] [comments]

Read more...

The Hurston Chronicles (Movie Poster)
Post at: Di 10. Sep 2019, 20:35
By /u/TheBlindMailman

submitted by /u/TheBlindMailman
[link] [comments]

Read more...