newest submissions : starcitizen

Alles über das Star Citizen Universum

BeitragBeitrag #46 von Reddit SC [RSS Bot] » Di 30. Jun 2020, 17:00

--------
Idea for Damage Control game loop
Post at: Di 30. Jun 2020, 16:59
By /u/crudbasher

I had this idea for a game loop for damage control.

Nearly everything here is from things I know they have in development (via ISC, CADs and postings on Spectrum).

[*]Ship is being shot at. Eventually the hull takes a hit and it puts a small hole in the hull in some location.
[*]Depending on the size of the ship the atmo starts leaking out. From the outside you can see a little whisp of vapor. From the inside you can't see it. If you get close to it you can hear a little whooshing sound and can see the hole itself.
[*]In an upcoming patch ships will be able to repressurize themselves. So that system kicks on and tries to keep the ship at a stable pressure. Also a decompression alarm activates.
[*]If the hole is big enough or there are multiple, the air pressure in the ship starts to drop. Once it gets low enough the crew starts to have a status effect (more than just gasping for air). Things like blurry vision, passing out etc.
[*]All airtight doors are closed. A display on the engineer's panel when then show what compartments are still venting.
[*]Someone dons their eva suit/ armor (if it's a fast leak) and enters the venting compartment. They can use a smoke canister to generate some puffs of smoke (this is not a smoke grenade lol). These will be drawn to the leak location (assuming there is still a little atmo) helping to find it.
[*]The repair person finds the hole and uses their multitool to plug it with sprayable sealer.
[*]Sometimes the hole is in a place you can't get to from the inside (equipment in the way). Therefore it can be repaired from the outside in the same way.
[/list]

My question is: Would this be fun or tedious?

submitted by /u/crudbasher
[link] [comments]

Read more...
Reddit SC [RSS Bot]
3 Jahre Mitglied3 Jahre Mitglied3 Jahre Mitglied
Nachrichten Droide

Themenersteller
Danke gesagt: 0 mal
Wurde gedankt: 0 mal

Werbung

Werbung

BeitragBeitrag #47 von Reddit SC [RSS Bot] » Di 30. Jun 2020, 17:20

--------
It's been an honor flying you, Anvil Carrack. One of the best ships in the game without a doubt!!
Post at: Di 30. Jun 2020, 17:15
By /u/thezirHaze

Bild

submitted by /u/thezirHaze
[link] [comments]

Read more...
Reddit SC [RSS Bot]
Nachrichten Droide

Themenersteller

BeitragBeitrag #48 von Reddit SC [RSS Bot] » Di 30. Jun 2020, 17:45

--------
I get the feeling that the turret fix is going to break small and medium fighters completely.
Post at: Di 30. Jun 2020, 17:43
By /u/Anathema-SC

Bild

submitted by /u/Anathema-SC
[link] [comments]

Read more...
Reddit SC [RSS Bot]
Nachrichten Droide

Themenersteller

BeitragBeitrag #49 von Reddit SC [RSS Bot] » Di 30. Jun 2020, 18:15

--------
How much the game and is it worth it?
Post at: Di 30. Jun 2020, 18:11
By /u/deadlygaming11

I've looked on the official website and it says it is 54USD but other parts of the website say it is 43USD another part said 38USD, how much is it? If it is 54USD it is quite a lot, is it worth it?

submitted by /u/deadlygaming11
[link] [comments]

Read more...
Reddit SC [RSS Bot]
Nachrichten Droide

Themenersteller

BeitragBeitrag #50 von Reddit SC [RSS Bot] » Di 30. Jun 2020, 18:20

Updated at: Di 30. Jun 2020, 18:20

--------
Way to Jump Town
Post at: Di 30. Jun 2020, 18:18
By /u/Urbansky4art

Bild

submitted by /u/Urbansky4art
[link] [comments]

Read more...
Reddit SC [RSS Bot]
Nachrichten Droide

Themenersteller

BeitragBeitrag #51 von Reddit SC [RSS Bot] » Di 30. Jun 2020, 18:25

Updated at: Di 30. Jun 2020, 18:25

--------
People say pay to win game... as a new player, I say no way. My story of working towards goals in-game
Post at: Di 30. Jun 2020, 18:23
By /u/io-error

Hey guys,

I hear often that this game is pay to win and that the only way to have fun is to buy a ton of ships with your debit card.... no. As a new player, a new player tight financially on funds, I assure you this isn't the case.

I am trying to get more into the star citizen scene and in the process earn more ships, so I have gone about it a pretty cool way. I have started working for other players in-game to earn credits (I am up to 2.1 mil and can almost get my own freelancer max), I am working as a turret gunner and sometimes a escoret for cargo runners in-between missions. I know I could do cargo on my own at this uec amount BUT it is also rewarding to engage with other players who typically do a more mundane task and I get to ask them about their star citizen stories over discord or in chat. Once I get a nicer ship, i plan to offer protection at frequently jacked ports of the trade! Some of my best memories so far are narrowly escaping bezdek as a turret gunner in a caterpillar as we warp into space, the whole time a cutlass and avenger lay chase! Or jumping out and negotiating with pirates at T & M and sneaking out of the side of the carrack and killing the guy who was trying to hijack me and a new friend, making sure our load got back to port safely without taxation! Working for other players is an amazing way to get started and learn the ropes of trading... I can tell you all types of stats about trading without owning a ship larger than an aurora and it has only been a few weeks lol.

I wanted to earn other ships in-game while I am unemployed from covid while also adding to other players' experiences in a positive way. After I get my max, I will save up to buy a cat or my dream ship, the carrack, in-game.

Outside of the in-game items, which are potentially wipeable during the patches and fixes, I also wanted to get into more ships while not breaking my bank as I recover from the period fo joblessness and get back on my feet. I made a few posts on Reddit and a few discords looking for people who wanted SEO optimized org websites for their org / corps / etc and provided tons of portfolio work of past EVE sites... and I got hired to do some sites! The one org especially liked the fact that I planned to use the funds to further invest in the game development and offered an extra 10% trading value extra so I could trade the site for a caterpillar fair and square! My first org website for star citizen is for a piracy org which can be seen here (hope this is okay, lmk if not mods and I will remove) and is for the Cimmerian Syndicate (RSI Page) a group of piracy centric folks focused on the piracy gameplay and acting as a private military corps!

The next one is for a trading corp and I am excited to incorporate mock stock tickers, trading info etc into their site and it will be a bit more complex! The amazing guys over at NISC (RSI Page) hired me to do their site as well after meeting them in space as they protected shippers from pirates with their military division (Also my first time seeing the hammerhead, a monster of a beast ship!)! Later on down the road, I want to incorporate actual data provided RSI has some form of api for it into their site which will be cool. Cmdr Wiatt and the guys running that group are top-notch!

The point is, I am jumping into this game with only a small pledge and have since started working towards my own ships, in both an in-game and outside creative way and this game is not a pay to win grab as many of my friends seem to think when I suggest they check it out and buy it.

For a $35 dollar purchase, you can do things the harder way and earn your way up.... not a penny more. Warning though, you may acquire some friends and awesome memories along the way!

submitted by /u/io-error
[link] [comments]

Read more...
Reddit SC [RSS Bot]
Nachrichten Droide

Themenersteller

BeitragBeitrag #52 von Reddit SC [RSS Bot] » Di 30. Jun 2020, 18:30

--------
I never noticed you can see Lorville from orbit
Post at: Di 30. Jun 2020, 18:28
By /u/Beatlead

Bild

submitted by /u/Beatlead
[link] [comments]

Read more...
Reddit SC [RSS Bot]
Nachrichten Droide

Themenersteller

BeitragBeitrag #53 von Reddit SC [RSS Bot] » Di 30. Jun 2020, 18:35

Updated at: Di 30. Jun 2020, 18:35

--------
Harbinger over (or under) ArcCorp
Post at: Di 30. Jun 2020, 18:33
By /u/MemeMeUpScotty__

Bild

submitted by /u/MemeMeUpScotty__
[link] [comments]

Read more...
Reddit SC [RSS Bot]
Nachrichten Droide

Themenersteller

BeitragBeitrag #54 von Reddit SC [RSS Bot] » Di 30. Jun 2020, 18:40

--------
What is this viscous thing on the ground, and where is the cat ?
Post at: Di 30. Jun 2020, 18:35
By /u/shoeii

Bild

submitted by /u/shoeii
[link] [comments]

Read more...

Star citizen X GTFO
Post at: Di 30. Jun 2020, 18:38
By /u/Reality-Prophecies

Anyone know a game called GTFO? Where a maximum of 4 players get drop down to caves(mines) or abandoned labs to fight mutated monsters in order complete missions.

I feel it would be cool if that game's mechanisms get combine into Star citizen after seeing "Destroy narcotics" and "find missing client in cave" missions (in SC).

Idea: you travel to a planet, get down to an underground complex where an outbreak happened. You then have to complete a certain mission(s) while fighting off a certain designed monsters

submitted by /u/Reality-Prophecies
[link] [comments]

Read more...
Reddit SC [RSS Bot]
Nachrichten Droide

Themenersteller

BeitragBeitrag #55 von Reddit SC [RSS Bot] » Di 30. Jun 2020, 18:55

--------
Third eye open!
Post at: Di 30. Jun 2020, 18:52
By /u/paradigm619

Bild

submitted by /u/paradigm619
[link] [comments]

Read more...

A Should I Buy, kind of.
Post at: Di 30. Jun 2020, 18:54
By /u/Raven3306

Hi, Star Citizen players. Citizeneers? Whatever.

I've been a fan of Elite Dangerous for a while (as you can tell by my username) - actually, I managed to install Elite exactly 20 mins before New Year, 2020 (2019 into 2020). So I've been playing it almost every day, and have participated in the Borann mining rush, and a few other things. But now mining's been nerfed, and I've found myself at a loss for what to do: everything else doesn't pay great. So I've been considering Star Citizen. I've been watching Morphologist's ship reviews and long for a life in space: Elite was the best I could do previously, but Star Citizen could literally simulate that.

SO i have a few questions for you guys, if that's alright. If I like the answers, I'll probably get this game by August 1st: that's when I get my next game, possibly.

Q1: Watching a video, I saw that the ships were listed next to actual money. I've been told that you can purchase new ships with ingame money - you don't need to spend anything apart from the actual game itself - and just want to ask how quick you can get new ships. Obviously, I don't want to whiz to a 890 Jump in a few weeks, but am wondering if I can get a new ship in a month or so. I want to feel like I've earned the ship with hard work and patience, but not overcome by grind - Elite's current problem.

Q2: Roughly, how much content is there? Like, the big 3 - Exploration, Combat, Trade - and their sub-categories. For example, can you pick up passengers and ferry them around? Mine minerals on planets/asteroids and trade them? Is the combat satisfying and realistic, or not? Is exploration one huge loading jump screen, like in Elite (I try not to compare Elite with Star Citizen, but it's the only other similar game I have, so please excuse that).

Q3: I'm considering bying. If I do, would the cheapest ship let me advance? It's probably just a dogfighter with no interior, but as long as it lets me upgrade to a ship with an interior in a month or so, I'm happy.

Q4: I'm probably going to spend a lot of time wandering on my ship or stations, and I know the graphics are great, but is there anything to do? Like, does walking have something in it other than a pretty interior? Don't get me wrong, I love space. I could literally look at a picture, spend half an hour crying because i want that. (personal details I probably should not be writing down here). I'd be satisfied (I think) with walking about in a nice ship, because that's all I've wanted. But, back to question 2, is there anything else that would give me something to do for a while? I'm careful with my money, usually, and am looking for at least 4~5 months of content. Would Star Citizen provide me that? I know that's a lot, but for detailed simulation games, I usually ignore the story and just look at everything, taking stuff very, very slowly. To rephrase my question, if you were more in love with space than anything else, would this game do something to satisfy that? becuas watching the ship reviews (for star citizen) it would definetly seem so to me. Google also tells me there are also 100 ships, so i should be satisfied for a while. But, as is common knowledge, you can own as many houses as you want, but if they're all lacking insulation or a roof, you're still in trouble when winter comes. Similarly, Eve Online has a bunch of ships, but I get them so easily (at least the starter ones: i'm still a newbie) that they don't feel that good to pilot (maybe cuz I'm not actually piloting them).

Q5: I've kind of drifted off my original plan, but here we go: is this game realistic and immersive? my ultimate goal is to have a game that could at least half-simulate a life in space. Does this game do that? From a nice ship interior to realistic stuff like gravity and travel time.

TL;DR: Is this game worth it for someone completely in love with space?

Also I'm sorry to make this question so jumbled and long. Thanks in advance for any answers!

-Raven3306

submitted by /u/Raven3306
[link] [comments]

Read more...
Reddit SC [RSS Bot]
Nachrichten Droide

Themenersteller

BeitragBeitrag #56 von Reddit SC [RSS Bot] » Di 30. Jun 2020, 19:00

--------
Star Citizen Ground Vehicle Combat 3.9.1
Post at: Di 30. Jun 2020, 18:58
By /u/olllllldboy

Bild

submitted by /u/olllllldboy
[comments]

Read more...
Reddit SC [RSS Bot]
Nachrichten Droide

Themenersteller

BeitragBeitrag #57 von Reddit SC [RSS Bot] » Di 30. Jun 2020, 19:35

--------
I just want to ask one thing
Post at: Di 30. Jun 2020, 19:31
By /u/zaxxofficial

Does anyone ACTUALLY care more about SQ42 than Star Citizen? I know that it’s Chris Robert’s passion project because he wanted to be a Hollywood director etc and I totally get it but as far as the fans go....I feel like collectively everybody just wants Star Citizen to be the main focus. I only started backing a few months ago, you can look in my post history and you can see I was really excited to play Star Citizen and I really enjoyed it for the first week or so, but once I saw through the cracks I kinda couldn’t believe how unpolished this alpha actually was.

On to my next point - I feel like CIG would benefit greatly from trying to iron out some of the bugs that are just completely unacceptable, starting with constant 30ks and progress loss. That would at least make the alpha test worth playing but ALSO on the other end it would even be nice to have NPCs that don’t stand on benches or maybe even stress test and fix some of the tasks we can do (considering that’s really the only low risk way to play the game with the amount of crashes that are happening frequently).

I really feel bad for the guys who spent a ton of money on this game because it takes dedication to open your wallet to something that doesn’t even exist yet, but the least the company that you’re supporting can do is actually work on what everyone’s paying (and waiting) for.

All I have is an Aurora, I don’t MIND flying around aimlessly, it is a really pretty universe they’re creating but it seems like after 400 Million dollars..something more should be happening, maybe that’s just me but I don’t know. I still hop on from time to time but I really just wish CIG would work on making their PRODUCT that you can spend THOUSANDS AND THOUSANDS on, AN ACTUAL PRODUCT.

submitted by /u/zaxxofficial
[link] [comments]

Read more...

A lot of people weren't around for 3.0. So I thought, in light of the new flight model updates, I'd provide a detailed look at how it's progressed.
Post at: Di 30. Jun 2020, 19:31
By /u/Didactic_Tomato

Bild

submitted by /u/Didactic_Tomato
[comments]

Read more...
Reddit SC [RSS Bot]
Nachrichten Droide

Themenersteller

BeitragBeitrag #58 von Reddit SC [RSS Bot] » Di 30. Jun 2020, 19:45

--------
What is Long Range?
Post at: Di 30. Jun 2020, 19:42
By /u/Seerthe6th

Bild

submitted by /u/Seerthe6th
[comments]

Read more...
Reddit SC [RSS Bot]
Nachrichten Droide

Themenersteller

BeitragBeitrag #59 von Reddit SC [RSS Bot] » Di 30. Jun 2020, 20:00

--------
We all know where PvP happens now.
Post at: Di 30. Jun 2020, 20:00
By /u/Coucouoeuf

Bild

submitted by /u/Coucouoeuf
[link] [comments]

Read more...
Reddit SC [RSS Bot]
Nachrichten Droide

Themenersteller

BeitragBeitrag #60 von Reddit SC [RSS Bot] » Di 30. Jun 2020, 20:05

--------
Original Scope Information?
Post at: Di 30. Jun 2020, 20:04
By /u/maybe_this_is_kiiyo

Heyo Citizens!

I was just wondering if anyone has any links to where I can read about Star Citizen's original scope? I keep hearing about it but no extensive read. Would appreciate. Cheers.

submitted by /u/maybe_this_is_kiiyo
[link] [comments]

Read more...
Reddit SC [RSS Bot]
Nachrichten Droide

Themenersteller

Werbung

Werbung

VorherigeNächste