Willkommen auf Sith'ari. Hier klicken zum registrieren

newest submissions : starcitizen

Alles über das Star Citizen Universum

BeitragBeitrag #91 von Reddit SC [RSS Bot] » Do 30. Jul 2020, 18:20

--------
These were the 4 ships shown in CitizenCon, we saw 2 of them (kinda) but both werent the first vote of the audience
Post at: Do 30. Jul 2020, 18:16
By /u/Rainwalker007

Bild

submitted by /u/Rainwalker007
[link] [comments]

Read more...

Just cancel the game.
Post at: Do 30. Jul 2020, 18:17
By /u/goodlookingbanana

Please, stop. This game will never see the light.

submitted by /u/goodlookingbanana
[link] [comments]

Read more...
Reddit SC [RSS Bot]
3 Jahre Mitglied3 Jahre Mitglied3 Jahre Mitglied
Nachrichten Droide

Themenersteller
Danke gesagt: 0 mal
Wurde gedankt: 0 mal

Werbung

Werbung

BeitragBeitrag #92 von Reddit SC [RSS Bot] » Do 30. Jul 2020, 18:25

--------
Ars Technica - Star Citizen dev offers roadmap for development of new development roadmap
Post at: Do 30. Jul 2020, 18:24
By /u/tom_earhart

Bild

submitted by /u/tom_earhart
[link] [comments]

Read more...
Reddit SC [RSS Bot]
Nachrichten Droide

Themenersteller

BeitragBeitrag #93 von Reddit SC [RSS Bot] » Do 30. Jul 2020, 18:30

Updated at: Do 30. Jul 2020, 18:30

--------
More than ever we need Chris Roberts to guide us, where is he ?
Post at: Do 30. Jul 2020, 18:27
By /u/shoeii

Bild

submitted by /u/shoeii
[link] [comments]

Read more...
Reddit SC [RSS Bot]
Nachrichten Droide

Themenersteller

BeitragBeitrag #94 von Reddit SC [RSS Bot] » Do 30. Jul 2020, 19:50

--------
0 scu cant stop me
Post at: Do 30. Jul 2020, 19:05
By /u/dethish

Bild

submitted by /u/dethish
[comments]

Read more...

Lyria lighting is great
Post at: Do 30. Jul 2020, 19:21
By /u/YoBoyMarc_

Bild

https://preview.redd.it/zm69ju34e1e51.png?width=1920&format=png&auto=webp&s=40b64ac369ad2bc202826eadd2e15af8712b9190

https://preview.redd.it/g69kav34e1e51.png?width=1920&format=png&auto=webp&s=549be359ba30626658d639cdc4477f2234b48b1e

submitted by /u/YoBoyMarc_
[link] [comments]

Read more...

Eve Player-What is going on here?
Post at: Do 30. Jul 2020, 19:26
By /u/Rower_Fermi

I've heard rumblings about this game for years as a long time eve player. I remember back in 2016 all of my corp mates from Eve said we would be moving over to star citizen because it would make eve obsolete when it came out.

What is actually going on here? Where is this game? Am I going to be able to play this sometime soon? There's too much information to sift through from a non-invested though interested individuals' standpoint.

submitted by /u/Rower_Fermi
[link] [comments]

Read more...

Squishy Penguin and Big Mole
Post at: Do 30. Jul 2020, 19:32
By /u/crane228

Bild

submitted by /u/crane228
[link] [comments]

Read more...

How get CIG to listen/change without endangering the project: A Heretic's Guide
Post at: Do 30. Jul 2020, 19:47
By /u/Bootcha

Hello backers, I hope you are processing the recent communications about the plan for the roadmap as well as you individually can.

I'd like to talk about how CIG listens to customers, from the perspective of someone who was inside the CIG funding machinery and collaborated often with communication methods. If you don't know who I am, I'm Bootcha: The ex-CIG investor from 2012 to 2015.

"Vote with your wallet" is a phrase often thrown around as the consumer's power and influence in reaction to a goods/services production company. It is a nice sentiment, and sometimes a boycott or endorsement can make or break a goods producer. However, this sentiment really only works there's a competitive market share to fight over. In a sense, voting with your wallet when it comes to Anheuser-Busch vs Molson-Coors if a large enough consumer "effort" is enacted will have an affect on the disposition over whichever company you're sending a message to. However, CIG is not in a competitive market share fight with anyone, currently. One could say they are providing the only service in town. This could change, but I feel not anytime in the near future.

However, CIG does rely on continued pledges and subscriptions as income over expenses. A disruption to that income would certainly get CIG's attention. To CIG's credit, their reliable response to disruptions is to pacify the problem, in that CIG would acquiesce to changing one or two of the major problems that customers have in order to resolve the disruption. Not always (See Oct 2015), but reliably. However, this does not happen in a vacuum. Backers by themselves, in terms of their "voice", aren't enough to cause change through disruption without outside eyes taking note and reporting on it. Namely, gaming rags.

It is, in fact, a pattern of CIG's that corrective action is more likely to take place when media is reporting on it. The CitCon streaming tickets are a good example of this, but this has happened a few times before, even during my time with CIG. The harassment of female and minority backers, for example. Also the Referral Contest specifics when it first came out. Backer outrage in combination with media reporting will often lead to a faster resolution than backer outrage or media reporting on their separate own.

Why does media reporting work? I hate to say it, but CIG is adverse to shame, especially when that shame is echoed by their customer base and threatens a disruption in income. Chris Roberts is a proud man, despite his awkward charm. Taking criticism is not one of his strong points. However, he has just enough pragmatism to know which way the wind is blowing when it comes to public media perception of his decisions. He will make changes to save face both with his own perceived character and the perception that the Star Citizen project is one that serves the backers' desires over his own. However, understand he will not make changes to his own or CIG's behavior without having a personal reason to do so.

As of 2018, CIG has raised above 14 million dollars in subscription income. Averaging the last four years, this comes out to about $1.67 per registered account on average annually. Taking this average to calculate all of 2019 and 2020 YtD, CIG has potentially raised nearly 23 million dollars cumulatively, with nearly 9 million dollars from last year and this year so far. I would project if things stay the same, CIG could raise 8 million dollars in 2020 alone from subscriptions. It is however a small slice of the pie, especially considering this year's reported gangbusters funding. This is also regular income for CIG, month after month. Remember, not only were subscriptions a method of slowly giving to the project, is has been explicitly said in multiple CIG media content in the past that subscribers made that content and enhanced communication possible. Right now they are not saying that, and perhaps that's a salient point. For the sake of the backers, I would say CIG is not earning this potential 8 million dollars in subscriber funding if the current media content quality and communication is indicative.

Also really quick, 23 million dollars, in 2020 money, could produce about 10 episodes, of a 22 episode season, of Stargate: SG-1. Just for perspective.

A combination of controlled monetary disruption, precise messaging, and media coverage are, in my opinion, the best way to enact change at CIG. The new investors have disrupted the balance of influential power, but also understand you the backers still represent the lion's share of income generation. This is how I send a message to CIG:

1) A general strike/boycott of subscriptions: If you were to cancel your subscriptions now, you would be denying CIG about 3.8 million dollars until the end of the year. Considering CIG's 40 million plus year thus far, that's a relatively small slice. But it also sends a message, since that is reliable monthly income. Plus the internal metrics of who's subscribing for what reason are tracked by Turbulent, and when Turbulent starts saying something's being disrupted, CIG will pay attention.

2) Concise messaging: This is not how you feel about the dream of Star Citizen, or the development-as-a-service product you have in your hands right now. This is about holding people whom you the backers have empowered to account. Those people are Chris Roberts and currently Elliot Chin. While Mr. Chin is in charge of the marketing arm of CIG, to include community management, the buck stops with Chris Roberts. Roberts has been silent and unseen since February this year. We likewise have not heard from Mr. Chin since his hiring. Front facing CIG people like Tyler, Jared, and Molly are routinely marched in front of the backers to deliver obfuscated bad news, and these leaders are no where to be found to take their share of the issue failures. Again, when the pride of Roberts is contested, you are more likely to get a response.

3) Media coverage: No, you're not going to get an ongoing "riot watch". What you will get, is a widespread news bit on the gaming rags saying that backers are sending a message to CIG to change their current communication practices by cancelling subscriptions. This includes getting your favorite Star Citizen content creators to also join in the strike/boycott, as they an indirect extension of CIG's marketing arm. That media will find it's way to Roberts' desk, and more than likely the investors' desks as well. And if the investors bring up this news during a monthly update, it will receive attention.

4) Resist dissociated pacification: It is more than likely with the above steps taken, the correct changes will be made. However, it is more important to CIG to preserve income generation and bury the controversy as quickly as possible, so be aware of changes to subscriber perks during this time to "entice" you to keep/renew your subscription. What you want is change in communication practices, not extra flair or perks that are dissociated with the issue at hand.

Understand this comes with two risks, one probable, and one I feel is very unlikely.

1) Someone will lose their job: The "sacrificial lamb" is not just a quaint saying. There may be an attempt to "shake things up" by retiring old faces and introducing new ones. In the histry of CIG, this is not new or unheard of. Ask Ben, Will, James, Chelsea, Brittney, Jenny, and many others. It's possible that change will come to leadership positions, but it is unfortunately likely that people like Tyler, Jared, and even (and I'd sadly sad likely) Molly may be restructured out as a means to "show change". That is a probable risk. If you feel the people at the bottom are contributing to the communication problem, then you should have no problem accepting this risk. If you feel they are only taking marching orders and are only a symptom of the problem, then you need to demand they not be let go during the change you demand.

2) CIG collapses, Star Citizen cancelled: This is very unlikely. If the funding tracker is to be believed, this will be the best year for CIG on record. A loss of potentially 3.8 million in subscriber income to the end of the year isn't going to cause CIG to collapse into insolvency. If it did, I would be very surprised.

That's my advice. Do what you will in pursuit of what you desire, but that is the best way I feel to get a message across to CIG more effectively than just words.

submitted by /u/Bootcha
[link] [comments]

Read more...
Reddit SC [RSS Bot]
Nachrichten Droide

Themenersteller

BeitragBeitrag #95 von Reddit SC [RSS Bot] » Do 30. Jul 2020, 20:05

--------
Do ship upheqfes do anything yet?
Post at: Do 30. Jul 2020, 20:03
By /u/Noble7Light

Do in-game upgrades do anything in-game yet? Like coolers, engine, and what all? If they are working How do I tell what is good?

submitted by /u/Noble7Light
[link] [comments]

Read more...
Reddit SC [RSS Bot]
Nachrichten Droide

Themenersteller

BeitragBeitrag #96 von Reddit SC [RSS Bot] » Do 30. Jul 2020, 20:15

Updated at: Do 30. Jul 2020, 20:15

--------
Star Citizen Galaxy name?
Post at: Do 30. Jul 2020, 20:10
By /u/valvestater65

Does anyone know whether there're galaxies in Star Citizen? Do all the systems belong to the same galaxy, or do we have different ones?

And if so, what are their names?

Been searching a bit on this topic but haven't found anything relevant so far.

Thanks!

submitted by /u/valvestater65
[link] [comments]

Read more...

How the drama in /r/starcitizen feels like
Post at: Do 30. Jul 2020, 20:11
By /u/Altait

Bild

submitted by /u/Altait
[link] [comments]

Read more...

Wingman's hanger the good old days
Post at: Do 30. Jul 2020, 20:14
By /u/pasta4u

Anyone else miss the gold old times of when we had open communication that was delivered on a consistent basis

its interesting that he went on to be part of another kickstarter game that is in dev hell also

submitted by /u/pasta4u
[link] [comments]

Read more...
Reddit SC [RSS Bot]
Nachrichten Droide

Themenersteller

BeitragBeitrag #97 von Reddit SC [RSS Bot] » Do 30. Jul 2020, 20:25

--------
WTF is with these Asteroids?
Post at: Do 30. Jul 2020, 20:16
By /u/zarf88

Bild

submitted by /u/zarf88
[link] [comments]

Read more...

Some more of the 3.10 Re-entry effects
Post at: Do 30. Jul 2020, 20:22
By /u/StueyJC

Bild

submitted by /u/StueyJC
[comments]

Read more...

"low effort meme"
Post at: Do 30. Jul 2020, 20:22
By /u/OpreaxQweyzar

Bild

submitted by /u/OpreaxQweyzar
[link] [comments]

Read more...

Squadron 42 Monthly Updates - can progress be ascertained?
Post at: Do 30. Jul 2020, 20:24
By /u/snowleopard103

I am hearing many people here and on spectrum say "if you read monthly reports carefully and keep track of what you've read previously you don't need roadmap/video/SCL/ISC, you can keep figure out where the team is at". So I figured I'd do a quick experiment.

So I've got 3 reports (May 6th, June 3rd and July 1st) and picked the very first section (Combat AI) just to see how it evolved over 3 months. I have highlighted the important bits and cut out the fluff that was clearly added just to generate kbytes.

So, May 6th:

[..]. Afterwards, they began work on realistic firing, initially tackling reload actions for NPCs. They extended the actor state machine to report the results of reloading actions so that NPC behaviors are notified and branch correctly in the decision-making process.

They’re currently working to keep track of NPC bullet quantity so that reloading is triggered at appropriate times. This will include an extension of the current combat behavior that allows NPCs to evaluate the best fire mode for the selected tactic. [..]. They also created the base for the Vanduul character, starting with the entity setup, evaluation of the available locomotion animations, and priorities for the lance AimIK.

June 3rd:

We kick off as usual with AI Combat, whose main focus was realistic firing and Vanduul combat behaviors. [...].

To this end, they began using the "item provider approach" to create usables around ammo boxes. [...]. The team also want to properly trigger reloads at the correct time in different conditions. For example, while advancing, NPCs will be allowed to shoot and automatically reload. However, the internal components will also notify the necessary behaviors when magazines are expended so that proper subactivities can be executed to handle the situation properly.

Regarding the Vanduul, their behavior is progressing, including iterations on unique actions and navigation traversal, such as special jumps that allow them to climb over large objects.[...]

July 1st:

We start June’s report with Character Combat, who focused on Vanduul behaviors, specifically melee attacks.

[...]

They also tackled several aspects of realistic firing, including improving the code-side of triggering and reloading. They made all requests event-based and added proper success notifications and different action results between the actor state machine and AI components. [...]

They also began leveraging the usable system functionalities of the bartender in a combat scenario. In the social environment, they created the concept of usables that can produce and accept items:

[...]

Ok, so I can clearly see that over 3 month period work was done on realistic firing, Vanduul behaviors, reloading actions and usables (item providers), but there is absolutely no sense of progress from month to month. In April they began working on realistic firing, in June they are "tackling several aspects". So how far along are they? Is it nearly done and is in polishing stage, still long way to go or somewhere in the middle? Do they have a release candidate for that feature or is it still being architected?

If someone can really make sense of progress I would sure be glad to hear from them!

submitted by /u/snowleopard103
[link] [comments]

Read more...
Reddit SC [RSS Bot]
Nachrichten Droide

Themenersteller

BeitragBeitrag #98 von Reddit SC [RSS Bot] » Do 30. Jul 2020, 20:35

--------
Secret dating StarCitizen
Post at: Do 30. Jul 2020, 20:30
By /u/neoanger

Bild

submitted by /u/neoanger
[comments]

Read more...

༼ つಥ﹏ರೃ ༽つ GIB EXPLOSIONS ༼ つಥ﹏ರೃ ༽つ
Post at: Do 30. Jul 2020, 20:30
By /u/ataraxic89

༼ つಥ﹏ರೃ ༽つ GIB ISC EXPLOSIONS ༼ つಥ﹏ರೃ ༽つ

submitted by /u/ataraxic89
[url=https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/i0shgq/つಥರ_つ_gib_explosions_つಥರ_つ/][link][/url] [url=https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/i0shgq/つಥರ_つ_gib_explosions_つಥರ_つ/][comments][/url]

[url=https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/i0shgq/つಥರ_つ_gib_explosions_つಥರ_つ/]Read more...[/url]
Reddit SC [RSS Bot]
Nachrichten Droide

Themenersteller

BeitragBeitrag #99 von Reddit SC [RSS Bot] » Do 30. Jul 2020, 21:10

--------
Can someone explain ESP to me in the context of mouse play, 3.10 & it's settings.
Post at: Do 30. Jul 2020, 21:08
By /u/wallace1231

So I've played SC for 3 years on and off and one thing which I hear mentioned a lot is ESP, but I don't think I have a good understanding of it.

My understanding of ESP is it's designed so people can be more precise when aiming, and I hear it talked about primarily in terms of stick control, and at first I thought it was only an option for sticks. It's a kind of 'soft aimbot' where it helps players by controlling your pitch and yaw to help you stay on target.

Now I've been playing a lot of 3.10PTU so I'm only really familiar with those settings, not sure if it's any different to previous patches but here are the available settings:

I don't see a setting to switch it on/off.

Enhanced Stick Precision Zone Size (degrees): 1 - 20

Enhanced stick precision dampening curve: 1 - 5

and that's it. My questions are:

• What exactly do each of these settings do? What is their implied impact, and do players generally see there's a 'best' setting for making flight combat easier?
  • Is ESP visible? Can you see/feel ESP converging on the pip as you fly or will it just aim your weapons differently?
  • Is ESP applicable to both mouse and stick? Are there any settings that only apply to one or the other?
submitted by /u/wallace1231
[link] [comments]

Read more...
Reddit SC [RSS Bot]
Nachrichten Droide

Themenersteller

BeitragBeitrag #100 von Reddit SC [RSS Bot] » Do 30. Jul 2020, 21:15

Updated at: Do 30. Jul 2020, 21:15

--------
Never considered myself geek really, until...
Post at: Do 30. Jul 2020, 21:11
By /u/Nosrehpcam

https://images.app.goo.gl/AsPjCrp2iGuuECRv6

I paused Aliens and explained to my wife the significance of the number 42. Lucky to still be married from the look of “OMG what is wrong with you!” she gave me.

submitted by /u/Nosrehpcam
[link] [comments]

Read more...

CIG be like:
Post at: Do 30. Jul 2020, 21:14
By /u/thisispoopoopeepee

Bild

submitted by /u/thisispoopoopeepee
[link] [comments]

Read more...
Reddit SC [RSS Bot]
Nachrichten Droide

Themenersteller

BeitragBeitrag #101 von Reddit SC [RSS Bot] » Do 30. Jul 2020, 21:25

--------
Couldn't find anything about this
Post at: Do 30. Jul 2020, 21:24
By /u/PetiteGousseDAil

Hey everyone ! Maybe this is gonna sound really dump (I am still new to SC), but I can't find any documentation, so here it is: What does it mean when I encounter enemy players on my ship's radar ? Like, they don't attack me or anything, I just see them marked as enemies and I was wondering why is it ? Is this a way to signal that they have a crime stat ? If yes, am I legally allowed to attacked them ? Will I get a reward of some sort ? Will this affect my reputation as a good/bad guy ? Again, sorry if it's dumdum and for the abusive amount of question marks lol

submitted by /u/PetiteGousseDAil
[link] [comments]

Read more...
Reddit SC [RSS Bot]
Nachrichten Droide

Themenersteller

BeitragBeitrag #102 von Reddit SC [RSS Bot] » Do 30. Jul 2020, 21:40

--------
Star citizen trial?
Post at: Do 30. Jul 2020, 21:36
By /u/Dkitsu

Greetings Star Citizens! Iwas curious if there was a way to try this game out before buying? It looks amazing and I've been watching some twitch streamers stream it. I my self am a streamer and would love to binge this game on stream. I'm on a different platform than twitch and I think it'd be awesome to be one of the first to stream it on my platform and help expand Star Citizens crowd. Thanks for any information!

submitted by /u/Dkitsu
[link] [comments]

Read more...
Reddit SC [RSS Bot]
Nachrichten Droide

Themenersteller

BeitragBeitrag #103 von Reddit SC [RSS Bot] » Do 30. Jul 2020, 21:45

--------
Seriously guys what are you doing....
Post at: Do 30. Jul 2020, 21:41
By /u/Waterboyy11

Bild

submitted by /u/Waterboyy11
[comments]

Read more...

Still excited to see Gillian Anderson in Squadron 42 sometime in the future
Post at: Do 30. Jul 2020, 21:44
By /u/LittleSpaceProbe

Bild

submitted by /u/LittleSpaceProbe
[comments]

Read more...
Reddit SC [RSS Bot]
Nachrichten Droide

Themenersteller

BeitragBeitrag #104 von Reddit SC [RSS Bot] » Do 30. Jul 2020, 21:50

--------
The weight of this ship and he just tanks it
Post at: Do 30. Jul 2020, 21:44
By /u/Flimerus

Bild

submitted by /u/Flimerus
[link] [comments]

Read more...
Reddit SC [RSS Bot]
Nachrichten Droide

Themenersteller

BeitragBeitrag #105 von Reddit SC [RSS Bot] » Do 30. Jul 2020, 21:55

Updated at: Do 30. Jul 2020, 21:55

--------
Carrier Module - Drake Caterpillar | Cant help but dream what the carrier module would look like! I just love this ship and I think CIG could take the ship in so many directions with their "module design".
Post at: Do 30. Jul 2020, 21:55
By /u/AtticusStacker

Bild

submitted by /u/AtticusStacker
[link] [comments]

Read more...
Reddit SC [RSS Bot]
Nachrichten Droide

Themenersteller